• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • downlinx

Expert
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Lafayette, IN
    The Department of Homeland Security is set to purchase a further 21.6 million rounds of ammunition to add to the 1.6 billion bullets it has already obtained over the course of the last 10 months alone, figures which have stoked concerns that the federal agency is preparing for civil unrest.

A solicitation posted yesterday on the Fed Bid website details how the bullets are required for the DHS Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Artesia, New Mexico.

» DHS Purchases 21.6 Million More Rounds of Ammunition Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
    looks like shortage will last even longer. Wow, enough ammo for 30 year war.

bsnyder413

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Hammond
    and there goes another 21.6 million rounds to dhs

i one year they have purchased 1.6 billion. wow. i hope those are meant for china and not us!!:dunno:

Engalwood

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Greenwood
    I'm just not sure what to think. This stuff IMO is getting way put of hand. Of I could ask the prez one question it would be why r you buyin this much ammo and who is paying for it. Well that's 2 lol. Wanna talk about stop spending money and cutting the defeciet down this sure has to not help them circumstances!

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Not defending DHS, I think they need to be scraped. But how many "officers" do they have? Figure in 1) training 2)qualifying, and carry ammo for X number of people.

Clearwat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009

Web says DHS employees 230,000. Now I know not all of themcarry a firearm, but if they did that would be 7,065 rounds per employee – justin the last 10 months!

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Funny how the DHS seems to be able to get ammo, but citizens can't find any, eh?

In my opinion that is the plan. Holder and Obonga know they will have a tough time passing gun control. It's a legal way for them to keep the ammo from the citizenry and not have to deal with congress. Do you really think they are too stupid to figure that out? They are probably buying all the ammo they may have no use for and dumping it somewhere. :twocents:

rsklar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Did you read the RFQ. It is for 240,000 Rounds of Ammo for FLETC. That is a far cry from Millions of Rounds.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If I don't fight this nonsense who will?

1. Who is fighting a war with pistol and submachine gun ammo?

2. Don't make me post the ToO of DHS again.

3. CTA facility in New Mexico trains a BUNCH of people every year.

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Did you read the RFQ. It is for 240,000 Rounds of Ammo for FLETC. That is a far cry from Millions of Rounds.

If the DHS is supplying ammo for FLETC then I could easily see them using up a huge amount of ammo. The DHS also sponsors tons of free training to LE Agencies. They will burn up ammo very quickly.

That probably doesnt account for all the ammo, but a vast amount is going for legitimate LE training. The question still begs though, is all of it going to training and standard ammunition supplies for LE Agencies, or is there another purpose around? Tough to tell.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It sure seems like there is a lot of information in the public domain for this to be a super-secret, round-up-the-freedom-lovers thing.

Top Bottom