• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AK471025

Plinker
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    In this market, ive seen better prices on guns at dicks and gander even though they are usually more than the local gun shops. Prices wise, ide rank them ranger supply, sniper company, and freedom last. The first two of these gun shops have a smaller selection than freedom but they have better service and are more understanding. Theres also a gun show here in ft wayne starting at 3 pm.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Sniper Company is cool to visit, K&T in New Haven (shooter's is right next door but it's more of a dungeon than a gun shop). Ranger supply is empty and has next to nothing in stock and Freedom is seriously overpriced.

Depending on the direction you're coming from stop into 21st Century in Bluffton or Tomlinson's in Busco if you want to see something worth looking at.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I had an extremely bad experience with Ranger Supply at the Indpls 1500 a couple of years ago (was my first gun show and most likely my last) and I refuse to buy from someone who tries to cheat me.

I tried to buy a Mossberg shotgun from them and my application (background check) came back delayed. He wanted me to drive from Indy to Fort Wayne but would not compensate on price. Next he offered to ship to a FFL but it had to be on my dime. I told him I was no longer interested and he wanted to charge me $40.00 for doing the paperwork. He even went and got the police who sided with me. The whole thing took about a hour but two good things came out of it. 1) I was able to sit the whole time and 2) he did zero business the whole time. NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH RANGER SUPPLY, THEY ARE DISHONEST.:noway::noway::noway::xmad::xmad::xmad:

Last edited:

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah, I've never found them terribly friendly...and the last time I ordered something there (before this latest crisis) they were WAY off their estimated arrival time and wouldn't call me back like they said they would. Finally I checked and it had already been there for two days.

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah, I've never found them terribly friendly...and the last time I ordered something there (before this latest crisis) they were WAY off their estimated arrival time and wouldn't call me back like they said they would. Finally I checked and it had already been there for two days.

They failed to call me the last time I ordered something from them too. I had to call myself, then they said it had been sitting there for 4 days. Then when I went to pick it up, it took them 10 minutes to find it. :noway:

Another shout out for K&T in New Haven. Keith is friendly, and he will go out of his way to help his customers.

micheljns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    6 weeks ago they told me they would call me about a huntertown can, still waiting on that call and i have seen them at 3 different gun shows and have asked about it and have called 3 times asking about it, i think its time to spend my money somewhere that cares about their customers

micheljns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Ed Herschey is also a good place but you have to call and make a appointment and you go there pretty much just to buy not to browse around

danmrt868

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    ft. wayne
    wow i have never had problems with ranger, hell went there today and got gen2 pmags for 13 and some change. sucks to hear the problems with them. on the other hand kt guns in new haven was very rude to my son and i.

Rbadger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Auburn, IN
    I have to admit I had a bad experience at Sniper Company. The one guy that was working in there seemed ok but the other guy was a complete dick. When I go to buy a gun I do not want to be rushed. I would like to ask some questions and have them answered in a professional manner. I am not saying I want you to kiss my ass but a little customer service goes a long way. A lack of customer service means I will be shopping for guns elsewhere from this point forward.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I think anyone can have a good or bad experience at any gun store. Just because someone had a rough time doesn't mean you will. Some times the customer is a moron and is being unfair to the business with their statements, other times the business really did screw up. After awhile though some places build a particular reputation and it's hard to shake.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I think anyone can have a good or bad experience at any gun store. Just because someone had a rough time doesn't mean you will. Some times the customer is a moron and is being unfair to the business with their statements, other times the business really did screw up. After awhile though some places build a particular reputation and it's hard to shake.

Excellent comment. Repped.

Top Bottom