• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    Had the pleasure of transfering a gun to a first time buyer. Young lady told me it was for her groom. His first gun, her first time to buy a gun. She was excited and said she couldn't wait to see the look on his face let along the fact she couldn't wait to shoot it. It's great to see new people join the cause. I told her any woman who buys her man a gun has taken the first step in being a class "A" wife.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Buy a gun for your kid, buy a gun for your spouse, same type of thing :)
    No big deal.
    The giver assumes responsibility for knowing the gift recipient's legal character.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    person A can't legally get a gun (not a proper person). Person A gives money to person B. Person B buys gun and hands it over to Person A = straw purchase.

Person C buys gun with their own money. Wait till special time and gives (as a gift) the gun to spouse or child = not a straw purchase.

There are similarities, but there are also important diffrences.

schmeed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Yep, agreed. I re-read the definition of a straw purchase. And to add-on, the groom is a luck dude. My wife wouldn't buy me a gun, but she did get me a very nice range bag for Christmas. Surprised me as I wouldn't ever expect her to do something like that. :)

96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    Light, It was a Mossberg Tactical. She said she wanted something that looked like an army rifle as he had mentioned he liked them but all the other makers were out of stocks. Figure that.

Schmeed let her know she can buy something that goes bang next time. Hint that it might fit in the range bag depending on what you want .LOL

Top Bottom