• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tpntch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Indy
    can somebody let me in on the zombie hype. i see zombie bullets, targets, etc. when did so many adults start being concerned with zombies.

DeltaLover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    North Central Indiana
    I believe its more tongue in cheek. Easier to say they are preparing for a Zombie Apocalypse than some type of doomsday scenario. Or at least that's what i do and say, lol my coworkers just laugh when i say i'm prepping for a Zombie invasion.

jay2981

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    The targets just add a little something different for me. As for the ammo I don't know. I think the makers saw a market and went to town with it.:dunno:

gotojuston

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    Downstairs, behind the axe

Cole46845

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    33ys7ki.jpg

Zombie edition microtec ha

Bishop

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Waynetown Area
    I would say a lot of the hype comes from the popularity of the series "The Walking Dead" But like the others, I agree it's just a way to prepare yourself for SHTF without everyone thinking you've gone off the deep end.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I believe its more tongue in cheek. Easier to say they are preparing for a Zombie Apocalypse than some type of doomsday scenario. Or at least that's what i do and say, lol my coworkers just laugh when i say i'm prepping for a Zombie invasion.

This.

Or rather it used to be this.

Since The Walking Dead and other zombie media have become so popular, it has turned into a full fledged fad to the point of annoying even me.

Basically, its a metaphor for the Boy Scout's motto. "Be Prepared".

Last edited:

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    can somebody let me in on the zombie hype. i see zombie bullets, targets, etc. when did so many adults start being concerned with zombies.

People are just having fun.
    Remember the days?
    Sure, it's immature (and getting very old), but so what.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkNask_pMKo[/ame]

Rbadger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Auburn, IN
    For me it is just a great mental excersize for any SHTF scenario. The reason being that during a "zombie" outbreak the real threat would not come from zombies. The real threat would be from the other survivors who are now free to do whatever the hell they please with no fear of reprisal from any type of law enforcement agency.
    You would also lose all modern conveniences during any kind of outbreak. This means no electricity, no gas stations, no grocery store, and limited ammunition.And what if you you are on medication? High blood pressure? Diabetic? Be pretty bad to survive a natural disaster then go into insulin shock and die.
    Simple logic will tell you that in any SHTF scenario minutes count. If you are mentally prepared, have a store of provisions (72hr minimum of food, water and necessary meds recommended for any emergency situation) and know exactly what you and your family are going to do and where you are going to do it, then your chances of survival increase exponentially.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    If you prepare for a zombie attack then you are probably going to make it through the Indiana snowstorms, tornadoes and thunderstorms. Just a more fun way of being prepared and something to get the kids interested. Of course, that doesn't mean there isn't someone out there that believes it.

drummerGunner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2012
    The Haute
    Think of Zombies as the people who are going to be coming for your stuff when SHTF. The people who did not prep. Those are the "real zombies" they have no concern for you, your family, or your stuff.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I would say a lot of the hype comes from the popularity of the series "The Walking Dead" But like the others, I agree it's just a way to prepare yourself for SHTF without everyone thinking you've gone off the deep end.

The Walking Dead is a latecomer and using the zombie-hype itself. Zombieland is probably much more well-known and responsible, especially the rules. 'Cardio', 'Double Tap', etc. are words of wisdom in any SHTF situation.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

Haven't you seen the TV news stories about all the zombie attacks, people being attacked and eaten?

It's the Zombie apocalypse, man!!!!

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

It goes much farther back than that. George Romero's Night of the Living Dead from 1968 is a classic, and has been redone at least once.

Top Bottom