• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkirby

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Kokomo/Bunker hill
    I bought my 5 yr old son a cricket .22 LR single shot rifle. Needless to say, he was stoked and couldn't wait to go to the range and shoot. I have been teaching him over the past year about gun safety and being responsible and smart about all things guns.
    531658_572540226089476_1157572222_n.jpg

Range report speaks for itself. Not bad for the first time out with as brand new gun and first time ever shooting a gun. I loaded the gun and closed the bolt but holding it and sighting it was all him. Its a 6" target and it was about 10 yards down range. I'm a very proud dad and he has already asked "when do I get to go shooting again dad". So I think I have a shooting buddy.:rockwoot::ar15:
    154856_10200314021400371_901822989_n.jpg

This is him (the little guy) and his cousin Karson who happened to get a new rifle the same day Kayden got his. Before anyone says his finger is on the trigger look closely, its up against the trigger guard. Posted this picture on facebook for some family and had some people try to jump on him about fingering the trigger. He might be 5 but he knows more about gun safety then a lot of people 5X his age. So just a proud Dad and thought I would share. Thanks Guys, he loves this sight almost as much as I do

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Way to go jkirby! I'd bet no one could sandpaper the smiles off of his or your faces! You two will be creating memories together that will be passed down for more than a couple generations.

And by the way...tell Kayden I'm envious of his grouping! He's ONE FINE SHOOTER!

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Every time I get depressed about the future of the Second Amendment because kids are being indoctrinated in school that guns are bad through stupid zero tolerance policies a thread like this restores my faith one father and son at a time. Rep inbound.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Every time I get depressed about the future of the Second Amendment because kids are being indoctrinated in school that guns are bad through stupid zero tolerance policies a thread like this restores my faith one father and son at a time. Rep inbound.

Not all schools

jkirby

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Kokomo/Bunker hill
    thanks everyone for the positive response. We have a copy of gun safety rules I hung on the wall in our office and he has been reading them often for a year now. Before we get in the gun safe to get a gun out, he has to read the gun safety rules to me. I have my Marlin 25N rifle I got as a kid in (93) that will be passed down once he gets big enough for a full size rifle. thanks again guys, the youth is the future of this sport but we must train them well.

Yukon1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Good job. I'll be watching for any updates. I have a 5 year old grandson that I was interested in getting the cricket.

Top Bottom