• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

NomadS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    New Albany, IN
    Let's make an effort to bring Magpul Industries to Indiana.

Post ideas and statistics we can use to encourage them to come here.

For example:

1. Indiana is one of only 13 states that have a AAA credit rating .. a sound government is less likely to raise taxes
    2. Indiana is consistently ranked in the top 10 states for business

3. Indiana offers a relocation tax credit

4. Indiana is a Right to Work state

5. Indiana’s Gross Domestic Product grew 4.6% in 2010, nearly two times the national rate of 2.6%. That’s the 3rd highest growth rate in the country (U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis).

6. Known as the “Crossroads of America,” Indiana is first in the nation for interstate highway access. With three international airports and the second-largest FedEx hub in the world, we’re also host to our fair share of air traffic. With an equally robust rail system and three marine ports on Lake Michigan and the Ohio River, it’s safe to say that no matter where your business goes, you can definitely get there from here. Find out more about why we’re the perfect place for business.

7. Indiana is one of the most affordable major housing markets in the nation

8. When it comes to business development, Indiana is definitely cooking with the freshest ideas, innovations and incentives. Keeping operating costs to a minimum with things like a super-competitive tax structure, the lowest workers compensation rates in the Midwest and the second-lowest cost for industrial electricity in the nation are simply the icing on the cake. Find out more about our incentives and low costs of doing business.

• Property taxes recently capped and cut by one-third
    • No inventory tax
    • No gross receipts tax
    • Corporate adjusted gross income tax is a flat 8 percent, phasing down to 6.5% by 2015
    • Corporate income tax based solely on sales in Indiana
    • Sales tax is 7 percent

9. Indiana has the business environment you need to branch out and the industry initiatives designed to stimulate growth, innovation and profits. Discover what some of the most successful companies in the world have found out about Indiana’s pro-business environment.

• AAA credit rating without enacting or considering a general tax increase
    • Property taxes capped and cut by one-third
    • Ten-year infrastructure improvement plan that does not rely on gas or diesel taxes
    • State tax exemption for patents developing new business technology or processes
    • R&D sales tax credit on research and development equipment
    • Personal property tax exemption on information technology equipment

Also post any letters or emails you send to Magpul, or to Gov. Pence, or to your Mayor.

And finally just post a note that shows them what it means to be a Hoosier and what it would mean to you to have them move to Indiana.

AND PLEASE vote in the poll and encourage every other 28,000+ INGO members to vote as well.

NomadS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    New Albany, IN

NomadS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    New Albany, IN
    Magpul Industries Corp. controlling interest Bruckmann, Rosser, Sherrill & Co. L.L.C. - Portfolio Companies
    Bruckmann, Rosser, Sherrill & Co., L.L.C. ("BRS") is a New York-based private equity investment firm with approximately $1.4 billion in funds under management.

Initial Investment: September 2011
    Magpul, based in Erie, Colorado, designs, assembles and markets a range of innovative, performance-driven accessories for firearms. The Company’s products include polymer-based magazines, sights, stocks, slings, grips, rails and other accessories primarily for the AR-15 rifle platform. Magpul also offers firearms training classes, training videos and other consumer products which embody the brand’s spirit of self-sufficiency.
    Magpul | Unfair Advantage
    Bruckmann, Rosser, Sherrill & Co., Inc.
    126 East 56th Street
    29th Floor
    New York, NY 10022

fax: (212)-521-3799
    e-mail: info@brs.com

Last edited:

NomadS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    New Albany, IN
    No. I want the CO laws defeated. Winning Magpul means another State succumbs to Mordor. That would not be a good thing.

And I think we should be able to buy am M16 at ACE without a background check.

Colorado is making law that is hostile to gun owners and the 2nd amendment. A business that exists to supply gun owners with a product should not continue to give tax money to such a government. We cannot change Colorado law but we can encourage others to vote with the feet and move to areas, like Indiana, with pro 2nd amendment values.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    Indy has major shipping hubs/distribution centers for FedEx and UPS and is on major highways bisecting America. Just little bits to add to the incentive.

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    535423_561665497179137_489929887_n.jpg

They put a full page ad in the paper in Denver to stir the pot.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Plenty of small manufacturing / parts suppliers in the Kokomo, Peru, Logansport area. Lots of skilled labor and 2nd Amendment believers.

Same for the Elkhart, Nappanee, Goshen area. If they move there, PMags could be built with Amish labor. How cool would that be? :abused:

Rocdenindy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Indy
    I e-mailed Gov Pence, Rep. Carson, and Sen. Donnelly about pursuing companies in states that are passing extreme gun control measures.

84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    I'm about to graduate with a mechanical engineering technology degree and Magpul would would be an awesome place to start a career. I'm all for them moving to Indiana.

Cowboy71

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Clark County, IN
    Email I just sent to my 9th Dist Congressman, Todd Young:

Dear Congressman Young, you may or may not have heard that the state of Colorado is in the process of passing a ban on high capacity ammunition magazines. Magpul industries (Magpul | Unfair Advantage) -- the premier manufacturer of these magazines for both civilian and military use -- is located in Colorado and,as this bill would obviously harm their customer base, they have promised to leave the state of Colorado, and are reportedly already scouting locations in Wyoming and Montana, and there are rumors about Tennessee and Georgia as well.

Magpul currently employs 200 people directly and their supply chain is responsible for another 400 jobs, and nearly $85 million dollars into the Colorado economy. They are a universally respected company. As a former member of the service you may even be familiar with their products yourself.

These reason I'm writing is, many of us Magpul customers and 2nd Amendment supporters believe that Magpul is an idea candidate to come to Indiana. I don't have to tell you about the business friendly climate that Indiana and specifically our 9th district has to offer. But we could really use your help in creating an aggressive push to bring this growing company to our state. States like Texas and their Governor Perry are working hard to attract these kind of businesses from states that are working against them. We need the power of your office, and that of Governor Pence to put Indiana aggressively into this competition for business. We have as much to offer as anyone but we need to sell ourselves as boldly as other states are doing. I believe you can greatly help in this effort by contacting the company directly and letting them know what Indiana and our district has to offer.

With the economy the way it is today and new jobs a scarce commodity, we cannot pass up any opportunity to attract business to our state. Magpul is already a successful company and they are trying to expand to meet an overwhelming demand for their products. But it looks like they need a new home to grow their company in, and there is no better place for that than Indiana. You have a much louder voice than the average Hoosier, I on the the behalf of many others, would like to ask you to please use it to bring this great company to Indiana. Magpul can only help our economy for many years to come.

Thank you,

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    To the governor

I am writing to encourage your administration to promote policies to benefit the economy of the State, by encouraging industries dislocated from other States to move to Indiana.

Specifically I am addressing the matter of Magpul Industries of Erie, Colorado, which had indicated it will leave that state should the legislature ban 30 round semi-automatic rifle magazines. If the legislators of Colorado believe these are dangerous products, they should be encouraging Magpul to leave.

Indiana can facilitate this process by offering incentives and abatements to attract this company, which plays an important part not only in the civilian market, but is also a major supplier to the military and law enforcement.

There is too much nonsense abroad about guns, and too little examination of responsibility, character, and the decay of the American family. That is a big matter, and won't be solved overnight.

In the meantime, Indiana should take this opportunity to present itself as a gun-industry friendly State, to the benefit of Hoosiers, and the nation at large.

Sincerely,

(cobber)

Top Bottom