• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • -Rogue-

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Anyone can be a threat! Anyone!!! if you don't train for looking for the threat on your life you could loose it fast! :D

Despite what I think should be purple statement, I agree with it.

There is nothing wrong with giving officers the tools they need to ensure they survive.

Is a pregnant shooter likely? No, but then again we have a real drug problem in this country and crack and meth-babies come from somewhere...

Is the old shooter likely? No, but we have Vets who can relive situations.

Is the mom and kid likely? No, but what if it was kidnapper and the cop stumbled across the situation?

Is the kid likely? No, but psychotic breaks are happening younger and younger.

Would I hope officers train on these all the time? No, as complete desensitization would be bad, but to train to get over the initial horror? Sure.

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I didnt know pregnant people and older people were incapable of shooting a gun? Why wouldnt you want Officers to train for many different situations?

I've trained on targets like this before. They've been around forever. Heck, they have scenarios like this on simulators. It's designed to present moral dilemma and make sure your shots are well placed. It's some of the best training you can get.

And for the record I haven't become some desensitized psychotic maniac looking to shoot pregnant and older people, just from practicing on a simulator.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I suppose, not being a veteran or enforcement officer, I am used to being at ranges where targets resembling actual people, not zombies or hand-drawn thugs, are prohibited.

Guess it is just culture shock.

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    It's a tough fact in the world we reside in. You gotta be ready for most anything. Fortunately these situations are far and few between.

If you can on your range, I do recommend you practice on hostage style targets. Even if they are just silhouettes, it is still effective. They really force you to analyze scene and go for well placed shots.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Like someone suggested in an earlier thread regarding photorealistic targets, I now only shoot targets that have my own image on them.

I have targets that are photos of me dressed up like an old lady, like an old man, like a little boy, like a pregnant woman and like a school girl.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I like the analysis idea of the targets. The "No more hesitation" aspect of the advertising to LEO is a bit unnerving though.

Crappiepro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    North East Vigo County
    Despite what I think should be purple statement, I agree with it.

There is nothing wrong with giving officers the tools they need to ensure they survive.

Is a pregnant shooter likely? No, but then again we have a real drug problem in this country and crack and meth-babies come from somewhere...

Is the old shooter likely? No, but we have Vets who can relive situations.

Is the mom and kid likely? No, but what if it was kidnapper and the cop stumbled across the situation?

Is the kid likely? No, but psychotic breaks are happening younger and younger.

Would I hope officers train on these all the time? No, as complete desensitization would be bad, but to train to get over the initial horror? Sure.
    Thats a good point of veiw! You just don't know what happened 15 minutes before you got to the scene.

Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    Please?

Like someone suggested in an earlier thread regarding photorealistic targets, I now only shoot targets that have my own image on them.

I have targets that are photos of me dressed up like an old lady, like an old man, like a little boy, like a pregnant woman and like a school girl.

Wanna sell some of those schoolgirl ones?:thatshot:

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    I suppose, not being a veteran or enforcement officer, I am used to being at ranges where targets resembling actual people, not zombies or hand-drawn thugs, are prohibited.

Guess it is just culture shock.

I would find a new range!

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    THIS^^^^^^!!!!!

Op. Do you have a problem with their dog targets as well? FYI LETargets also makes overlays that can make any target a friend or a foe target to enhance scenario based training.

http://www.letargets.com/estylez_ps.aspx?searchmode=category&searchcatcontext=~010000~010100~010110

Well, I would prefer they use a photo of the dog currently living at my house, but I don't have an issue with dog pictures... ;)

Maybe I am just preferring to think I'll never have to shoot at a pregnant lady or kid. I'm a softie that way.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    They forgot these

dont_take_away_my_kids_toy_guns-460x307.jpg

child_gun.jpeg

boys-with-toy-guns.jpg

tumblr_mf5ml87IAS1qcr6iqo1_1280-1024x733.jpg

toy_guns.jpg

SNN2902GU_684_411174a.jpg

angelina2.jpg

young-girl-with-toy-gun-thumb671063.jpg

5788406-girl-with-gun-isolated-on-white-child-or-teenager-in-dress-with-army-machine-gun-toy.jpg

Dianne-Feinstein.jpg

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Wanna sell some of those schoolgirl ones?:thatshot:

Sorry,they're backordered like everything else. I do have some of my special valetine's day run left over. They're from a custom shoot I did for some people that wanted targets of me dressed up as a bear. I went with the wrong kind of bear and the customer refused to take delivery, got pretty snotty actually.

I'm going to stop selling these targets anyway. I need to get back to the basics of why I started making them in the first place.... doppelgangers and future me's.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tatdale2
    Top Bottom