• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    "We are well familiar with the fact that most rifles serving Police Officers are purchased by the officers themselves, and that they shouldn’t be punished for the actions of their political elite."

Just as the individual citizen shouldn't be punished for the actions of criminals?

jburris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    henry county
    They definately will never get any of my hard earned money. I dont care if they change their mind on this and get on the list. damage is already done.

Racechase1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indy
    Seems like they want profit instead the second amendment. Looks like they will make less money.

Firearms manufacturers seem to forget that they really do have A LIMITED market, and most people in it are dedicated. A boycott will do some hellacious damage to a company. Especially when your market is almost entirely in the U.S.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    As I have stated before, I see no way the police can justify having firearms the citizens can't legally acquire. I can't remember the last time a police station was attacked in the US. Sure not the case with citizens homes. Thieves don't rob police officers like they do Pizza drivers. I doubt any robber would even ever break into a known Police officers home. Police normally have the option to bring in "Backup" when they are to raid a dope house or enter into any other situation. In addition they have armored vests on at work, communications etc. which the normal citizen doesn't own. The police do have a tough job at times, no doubt and I do respect many of them. However they are just citizens working for the people. The very idea that all the police are better trained in "firearms" is far from the truth. I have had many police officers as friends and relation. My deceased FIL was a local officer. A couple of the Indiana State police were friends of my family as were the Sheriff of the county where I was raised. I have a Nephew that is a local officer, a captain of the local force (passed on) was my best friend for years. Many of the police I have known were almost illiterate about firearms, their use and targeting. Yeah they could pass the bi-annual qualification, as could I (when I was about 14 years old). This is not meant to disparage, just as a comparison to most of the members of this forum. Many Police officers that are gun savvy, could tell things about members of the force regarding gun use that would scare you. How they can justify having weapons that other honest citizens can own is beyond me.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    That's right, cops aren't any better than the rest of us in mental capacity (certainly not) or shooting ability. They may very well be physically stronger on average, since they must tackle people for a living, but that does not make them better.

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    I think we need an ongoing list of companies like this! Comically enough, my next build scheduled was a .308 AR sniper rifle (Navy Mk 11 Mod O) and you can bet some mighty warm places will freeze slick over before a penny of that build goes to Armalite.

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    Yes I read the full article and still feel it was waste of time. All I got was they will honor the laws but still sell to officer but not their departments. So now all the departments have to do is tell the officers to buy on their own and they may or may not get reimbursed. What a great company. I don't have and won't have any now.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Did anyone read the entire article?

I did. Here's what I got from it. Armalite is still in support of the individual LEO's in states where the government hates civilians, because they are, and have a bunch of buddies whom are, police officers.

Oh an they were very ambiguous about the fact that they may still sell to DNR as an agency.

Come on Armalite! It's YOUR FRIGGIN GUN THAT EVERYONE IS BANNING FOR GAWDS SAKE!!!! Reach down grab the boys and roger up!!

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    They are suckling from the teet of the government, and meanwhile that same government that is feeding them has its hand around their neck depriving them of oxygen. Their dependency is sad, and especially so because the AR-15 bears their name. Perhaps we should call it the Freedom-15? :)

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I have nothing but respect and appreciation for our police force around the contry, but the officers themselves are not the problem the problem are the politicians that trying to change this country into something I hope I never get to see (a police state). With that said police officers do have families and I have as much right to protect my family as they do so if I can't have it sorry but they can not have it.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    Didnt' have a ton of time but I typed this up real quick, hopefully it gets my point across.

Sent to Armalite:

I recently read that your company will be continuing sales to LEO in states that have enacted laws preventing civilians from obtaining those very same firearms. I want you to know that while I completely disagree with your logic on this I will respect your decision. I will therefore enlighten you to the decision I made upon reading this information. I will, from this day forward boycott your products. I know you have no way to show disrespect to my decision should you wish to other than to tell me to my face or continue with your current plans. Either of which is fine as I am not and will not be a customer of yours like the great citizens of the many states that have pushed through unconstitutional legislation, at least not until this misguided notion has been recanted and put into reverse.

My family has had members serving as LEO for many years in capacities both military and local law enforcement. Not one of them supports your decision. They have civilian lives too, and many members of our family are civilians including their spouses. My LEO family members do not want myself or anyone else in our family to not have the ability to protect ourselves from our government or criminals. While I cannot predict what my family will do concerning your products going into the future, I for one will not be spending my hard earned cash with your company and I will be encouraging my family to do the same. I am saddened by your decision as in the end you as a corporation have the control in America today. You and other manufacturers standing up and providing a united front against tyranny would speak greatly for the 2nd Amendment. It would also secure your business in the civilian marketplace in most states. Surely you realize that your company has a limited market and now by making this decision you've potentially cut that market to an even smaller piece. With all the quality manufacturers of firearms out there I cannot see what incentive you could possibly provide the American people to use your company over a competitor that supports their natural rights.

I hope this finds you well, good luck in the future, you'll probably need it.

Sincerely,

A lost customer.

Top Bottom