• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    My brother in law went to this place a few weeks ago, and has been talking about it ever since, so this morning, me and my wife decided to give it a look. We got there right at 10:00 when they opened the doors, and were the first at the counter to get a shooting lane. I had my new, never fired SR9 and SR1911, and my wife had her new, never fired Kahr cw9, so I was keeping my fingers crossed that everything went smoothly. First up was the Kahr, and it performed flawlessly right out of the box, she put a little over 50 rounds down range with it, running both ball ammo, and golden sabre hollow points without a glitch. I ran 50 rounds of the same two types of ammo through the SR9, and aside from getting the feel of the trigger safety, it proved to be extremely accurate, and had zero issues. The SR1911 performed flawlessly as well, really like the trigger on mine, and the Federal ball ammo I was using fed great. That 1911 is my new favorite gun!

Anyway, the range itself is very nice. The shooting lanes are around 25 yards deep, and well lit, I really had no idea as to what to expect, as I've never been to an indoor range before, but I will definetly be going back again. The place was clean, and they have a good selection of rental guns to choose from, we didn't rent anything, but it was fun looking at the selection. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the whole trip cost $16 for 1 hour on the range and 2 targets.

Fun morning!

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    How was the ventilation? I went there many years ago when it was under the original management, but haven't been since it has changed hands the last two times.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    My brother in law went to this place a few weeks ago, and has been talking about it ever since, so this morning, me and my wife decided to give it a look. We got there right at 10:00 when they opened the doors, and were the first at the counter to get a shooting lane. I had my new, never fired SR9 and SR1911, and my wife had her new, never fired Kahr cw9, so I was keeping my fingers crossed that everything went smoothly. First up was the Kahr, and it performed flawlessly right out of the box, she put a little over 50 rounds down range with it, running both ball ammo, and golden sabre hollow points without a glitch. I ran 50 rounds of the same two types of ammo through the SR9, and aside from getting the feel of the trigger safety, it proved to be extremely accurate, and had zero issues. The SR1911 performed flawlessly as well, really like the trigger on mine, and the Federal ball ammo I was using fed great. That 1911 is my new favorite gun!

Anyway, the range itself is very nice. The shooting lanes are around 25 yards deep, and well lit, I really had no idea as to what to expect, as I've never been to an indoor range before, but I will definetly be going back again. The place was clean, and they have a good selection of rental guns to choose from, we didn't rent anything, but it was fun looking at the selection. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the whole trip cost $16 for 1 hour on the range and 2 targets.

Fun morning!

See Tommy...All I have to do is touch a gun during the transfer and they function flawlessly....:rolleyes::D

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    There was a LOT of air moving in there. I think the side we were on had six lanes, and at one time, all six were full, but it never got smokey or nasty. Apparently they are turning over a lot of air, because it was chilly in there, enough to see your breath.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Last time I went there was a year or so ago when it was Bluegrass. I wasn't impressed then. I usually shoot at Open Range in Crestwood, which is quite a drive and more expensive. I'll have to give TG & G's a try and see if they've cleaned it up since it was Bluegrass.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    There was a LOT of air moving in there. I think the side we were on had six lanes, and at one time, all six were full, but it never got smokey or nasty. Apparently they are turning over a lot of air, because it was chilly in there, enough to see your breath.
    Sounds good and glad you got in some range time with your new purchases.

Top Bottom