Bloomington attracting Military and defense biz!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Bloomington didn't want Walmart, bulldozing a few trees for an apartment complex, or I-69. I just can't imagine a very warm welcome for companies seeking places to manufacture "new defense products". This ought to make for some interesting drama.:popcorn:

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Bloomington didn't want Walmart, bulldozing a few trees for an apartment complex, or I-69. I just can't imagine a very warm welcome for companies seeking places to manufacture "new defense products". This ought to make for some interesting drama.:popcorn:

True, but I'll be on the front lines of the ones screaming at the dirty hippies to get out of the way of profitable biz!!!!

besides some local drama will be a change from all the drama in Washington! :rolleyes:

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    Slow down there boys. The article says it's an office to "attract" defense contractors, not an actual production facility. Any production facility is going to look hard at Bloomington and have to weight development cost and restrictions vs. what they could do for far less from a construction and land cost standpoint at Crane gate and have better access to Crane.

Dirty Steve

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    How convenient that Mr Embree just retired and happens to live in Bloomington. And now the governor appoints him to head up an office to attract new defense contractors to the area, such a great windfall for the former executive director.

Dollars to doughnuts says that Monroe county doesn't see one new job as a result of this. Oh yeah, and where is the money gonna come from to pay these new contractors again?

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    I'd love to see it happen, love to do the design work for their new office and would love even more to sell them a property to build it on. :):

One more place for the summer Friday noon protesters to congregate around. I think they grew tired of me driving by the Courthouse honking and giving a single finger "wave" anyway.:patriot:

Dirty Steve

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I had an interview with an organization at Crane right before I retired from the AF in 07 (got turned down, but things worked out well anyway.) That place is not sleepy hollow and is a lot more than just a big bomb dump. I was amazed at how much is there.

Top Bottom