• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BOLTGUN

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    NE INDY
    Thinking of selling my G30sf for a G19...I already have one 19 but thinking that consolidation might not be a bad thing...anyone have two of one and more ammo for both?

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I have been consolidating calibers myself. It makes it much easier to be organized and know what you have on hand. But it may limit you in a true crisis of having guns that shoot different calibers, so it is kind of a catch 22.

To avoid that, just make sure you have plenty of ammo.

Last edited:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I have been consolidating calibers myself. It makes it much easier to be organized and know what you have on hand. But it may limit you in a true crisis or having guns that shoot different calibers, so it is kind of a catch 22.

To avoid that, just make sure you have plenty of ammo.
    I'm still trying to figure out "What's Plenty of Ammo"?
    How much is enough?
    I consolidated (got rid of some different cal guns) in the thinking I wouldn't need so many different calibers.
    Then I figured I still needed a better cache of ammo and haven't figured how much is enough....

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Then I figured I still needed a better cache of ammo and haven't figured how much is enough....

That's because there is no fixed answer. What are you trying to prepare for- enough for the next few range trips, enough to handle a substantial bump like this current shortage, enough for the rest of your life? Do you reload or are you open to it? Answer these questions and you can figure out what will be enough to handle it.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I'm still trying to figure out "What's Plenty of Ammo"?
    How much is enough?
    I consolidated (got rid of some different cal guns) in the thinking I wouldn't need so many different calibers.

To me there is no such thing as too much ammo. I would say as much as you are comfortable storing. I am always buying ammo, even in this current market of limited supply. I keep looking, and buying when I find it for a price I am willing to pay.

Top Bottom