• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benged

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I live in Westfield and I'm surrounded by farm land... Actually trying to convince a few of them to allow myself and a friend to do some coyote hunting.

Looking for someone with some land who is willing to let myself and a friend (both LE) shoot on his/her land. We shoot up in Wabash and are very tidy. Just looking to save some gas.

mulsas

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 14, 2012
    Westfield
    I live in Westfield too, though I don't own any farmland, so I'm not much help to you on that. In case you aren't able to line up any land, there is also Fox Prairie Gun Club over in Noblesville, they have a website and a facebook page. I have not been there yet, it is by reservation only, but I am looking forward to seeing it. It sounds like they have been working on some improvements, and the rain has gotten in the way with their schedule a bit. But that is at least an option for you that is pretty close.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    several comments

I think the best way to find somewhere to hunt is to start knocking on doors. That is the way many of us have had success in trying to find a location to deer hunt. Because of the population density of the Westfield and surrounding areas, finding a cooperating landowner may be tough. Especially with the assumption you will be shooting high powered center fire rifles.

The suggestion to try the Fox Prairie Gun Club doesn't appear to hold much promise. I went to their website. It isn't a rural area that I would think would be considered hunting friendly. Especially for free. It looks like the owner has decided to benefit from the recent interest in firearms and use his geographical assets to increase his income. Nothing wrong with that. However, from the information and rules listed on his website, it doesn't sound like a very user friendly environment. i.e. shooting by pre-arranged appointment only, $10 per hour range fee, minimal range facilities ( from the pictures ), etc. Also not sure why LE is exempt from most of the range rules normal "civilians" are required to follow unless the general shooting public is perceived as being inherently more dangerous when utilizing the range ? Those who have no where else to shoot may need to access this venue as they may have no other alternative. Something is better than nothing I suppose. The owner may well be the most hospitable individual going - however, my review of the website left me with the impression that I did not feel welcomed with open arms. (no pun intended ).

Benged

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Yeah, I'm going to join Atlanta but I get real frustrated with not being able to shoot and move... Buddy has land in Advance and Wabash but its a bit of a drive.

savageone988

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2019
    Tennessee
    Veteran owned?

Fox Prarie Gun Range: I saw they have training available at the range. I think this business is veteran-owned? You know if the staff are previous military?

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Fox Prarie Gun Range: I saw they have training available at the range. I think this business is veteran-owned? You know if the staff are previous military?

Hello savageone and welcome. This thread has been dead silent since 2013. Just saying.

Where is the range you are referencing...???

O I just found it on line. Noblesville. I have not heard of this one.

savageone988

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2019
    Tennessee

Hello savageone and welcome. This thread has been dead silent since 2013. Just saying.

Where is the range you are referencing...???

O I just found it on line. Noblesville. I have not heard of this one.

***** I was just asking if anyone knew if the dudes offering the training there are retired military. I couldn't find much about it except for the owner Jeff is mentioned a lot.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    ***** I was just asking if anyone knew if the dudes offering the training there are retired military. I couldn't find much about it except for the owner Jeff is mentioned a lot.

No worries we just get interested if a 6 year old dead thread hits the surface again. I am glad this one did as I will look into that place. Thanks and welcome to ingo.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville

Derrick with Bare Arms in Noblesville teaches classes there. He has military and swat experience. I took his basic carbine class and found it very useful. 317-770-6626

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    I live in Westfield and I'm surrounded by farm land... Actually trying to convince a few of them to allow myself and a friend to do some coyote hunting.

Looking for someone with some land who is willing to let myself and a friend (both LE) shoot on his/her land. We shoot up in Wabash and are very tidy. Just looking to save some gas.

Benged, not much farmland to shoot in around Westfield anymore. I did find a nice little range called Isaac Walton.
    They are just south of Kokomo.
    There is an annual fee to pay first.

Good luck sir

savageone988

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2019
    Tennessee
    Hey man, thanks for the information. I was curious about the training because I saw an IG post where someone was shooting while hanging off the moving truck, off the back of a moving trunk, and climbing onto the roof of a car and shooting out the glass... I thought it was interesting for a shooting range? (It was a civilian, not someone in some kind of service doing training)
    I'm not trying to say anything bad about the company or saying it was wrong at all. Just seemed weird he would need to practice that.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom