• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Does anyone here know if/when they'll be opening up membership again? According to their website, they were taking until March to decide how many members they could support. I'm just trying to find somewhere to go shoot without driving too far.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Well... the web site said March (that's when the lock on the gate changes and memberships are past due). To do what needed done we had to change the bylaws. That took two consecutive meetings. And we had to notify all the members who were in arrears and let them know what was happening, so that deadline was the April meeting. Now that all of the memberships have been renewed we can make the count and determine how many more members we can have.

Nutshell: It's looking like there is not much if any space. If you want on the waiting list for 2013, send an email to the address at the website.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    FYI. The cap has been reached before taking any new members, and so membership is closed for 2013.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I don't know what we'll do. We have not discussed 2014 yet. Speaking personally (as the current secretary) keeping a waiting list has been a major PITA.

Wolverine6G

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 2, 2012
    It looks like I may have to go this route. I've been there before and I like it, but I was hoping for something out this way. I do work in Indy, but I was looking for a range to go to on a lazy afternoon. Thanks for the link!

MCFG is awesome, however only pistol calibers are allowed. Wish I would've heard about Danville when I moved here 3 years ago. Now I wouldn't be stuck having to drive an hour to shoot when I want to shoot my rifle.

BMDRAKE71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Brownsburg,
    I don't know what we'll do. We have not discussed 2014 yet. Speaking personally (as the current secretary) keeping a waiting list has been a major PITA.

Kludge,

Not sure how long your waiting list is but I've just retired from the Army (Private to Major- 24 years) and recently moved home to the Indianapolis area (Brownsburg) and am very interested in joining. I'm the Communications Director for the Indiana Department of The American Legion and its a harsh blow to learn that there are zero decent-drive ranges nearby.

Bruce

steve0322

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Mooresville
    Does anyone know if the Danville Conservation Club still waits until March to see if they are accepting new members or know if there is still a waiting list? I haven't been able to find much information and haven't been able to get much info from messaging them.

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    Danville CC posted on their Facebook page last night that they have 21 membership openings. Prospective members need to bring a completed membership application and a check for $170 (dues, initiation fee, gate card deposit) to the March 8 meeting. Since they anticipate more than 21 applications, they are going to have a lottery in which they will draw 21 numbers. If your number comes up, your application will be processed. If not, I assume that your check will be returned.

I am on the fence about this. Is it worth $170 for the first year and $100/year thereafter to be a member? What are the pros and cons of this range?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've been a member for a few years. Good little range for rifles with backstops at 20, 50, and 100 yds. Some extra rimfire backstops, too. OK for pistols. No real close backstops, no rapid fire, and drawing from a holster. So, good for target shooting, not SD training. I've rarely had an issue finding room on the shooting line.

Lots of rimfire competitions. Starting a youth program, too.

I use the lake routinely to fish with my daughter. Tons of smallmouth.

There is a nice clear area to set up targets for bow as well.

If you want to rapid fire, use close targets, or use steel, you'll need to look elsewhere.

Falconpuch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 25, 2014
    NW Laf
    I've been a member for a year now and love it. It's also great that I live literally 2 mins from it :) It's still hard to get my friends to understand that it's not a rapid fire range.

My dad and I fish weekly there to.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I've been a member for a year now and love it. It's also great that I live literally 2 mins from it :) It's still hard to get my friends to understand that it's not a rapid fire range.

My dad and I fish weekly there to.

How much do you pay when you take guests to the range? I have thought about joining for years now but just never get around to it. Thought about trying this year......but if guests cost very much, I may be better off at the indoor range.

flintlock9

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2013
    Indy
    How much do you pay when you take guests to the range? I have thought about joining for years now but just never get around to it. Thought about trying this year......but if guests cost very much, I may be better off at the indoor range.

I think it is 5 bucks

Top Bottom