Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Frontier Gun Safes Out of Fort Wayne

User Info Menu

Frontier Gun Safes Out of Fort Wayne

I am sorry if this in the wrong area. I am thinking about purchasing a Frontier Gun Safe. From the information I was able to find the company went out of business about 10 years ago. Besides that I can't find out anything else about them. Does anybody know if these safes are quality safes or should I buy another brand?Thanks

Plinker

User Info Menu

I'm the second owner of a Frontier renegade, they named each of their safe models rather then by number of guns, the renegade was rated at 11 or so rifles with the shelves. They are built very well, the body is made of 10 ga. and the door is 3/8 inch steel. I actually have an original catalog if you know what you're looking at pm me and I can look up the specks for you. I like it, and trust its protection, the other thing I like is that it has 4 locking bars in the door. Some lighter cheaper safes only have a couple. While I like my frontier, it you could wait or are just shopping, I'd be sure to look at the Johnson safes (ingo supporter). A Johnson will be my next safe.

User Info Menu

Frontier made a good safe. Solid and durable. I always considered them a step above safes in the same price range. Their bolts were slightly thicker and they had one that was across the top. Being in Ft. Wayne, we could go over and just load it up in the truck and take it home.
    Factory wasn't in a real great part of town.
    Life member NRA
    Life member VHA
    Member OGCA

Plinker

User Info Menu

If you get the Frontier make sure one of the first things you do is take off the front door inner panel and check to make sure all of the screws holding the locking mechanism in place are there and are tight otherwise you could have an issue you don't want to deal with down the road (seen it on them before). Actually its probably good practice on any safe you purchase.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I made a safe from an old railroad crossing battery box

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bksboiler View Post
    I'm the second owner of a Frontier renegade, they named each of their safe models rather then by number of guns, the renegade was rated at 11 or so rifles with the shelves. They are built very well, the body is made of 10 ga. and the door is 3/8 inch steel. I actually have an original catalog if you know what you're looking at pm me and I can look up the specks for you. I like it, and trust its protection, the other thing I like is that it has 4 locking bars in the door. Some lighter cheaper safes only have a couple. While I like my frontier, it you could wait or are just shopping, I'd be sure to look at the Johnson safes (ingo supporter). A Johnson will be my next safe.
    Sorry to drag up an old thread, but my dad has left us an old Frontier safe and I'm looking for some info on it. He did leave the key and combination, but we can't locate the owner's manual for it.
    The sticker on it says it's a model PI530. Looking for the fire rating and weight.

User Info Menu

There is one on Ft Wyane CL. The seller is my wifeís relation. It the real deal Frontier safe when Frontier was the best safes money could buy before all the Chinese safes hit. I would buy it but since we are downsizing our house I no longer have all the room I had before. That and I have a safe already so hard to justify my need of a second one while building. Maybe someone here can use it.
    Last edited by Grogmister; 07-04-2018 at 10:23.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Frontier safes are great. I bought mine in 2003. They had a big blowout once a year at the ft. Wayne gun shows. $3500 safe for $1500 if I picked it up. It's a tank. Well made and definitely better quality than the others I was looking at at that time (especially the gun brand ones (Winchester, browning, etc.). Wish they were still made. Mine is about full.

User Info Menu

The last time I checked which was a few years ago, A gunshop in the area owned by Ed. Hirschy bought the rights to the safe and continued making them. At the time the shop number was 260-627-3119. I also bought one of these safes and think its one of the best ever made

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BuckGem View Post
    The last time I checked which was a few years ago, A gunshop in the area owned by Ed. Hirschy bought the rights to the safe and continued making them. At the time the shop number was 260-627-3119. I also bought one of these safes and think its one of the best ever made
    yes Edís safes are TANKS compared to the others you find at GM and Dicks and most gun stores. I bought mine from him about 5 yrs ago. That number is still his business line.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast