• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    My Stack-On 16 gun fireproof safe will not open. It's digital combination and when I put in the code the green light will come on but the handle won't turn. :xmad: I'm starting to get frustrated because I kind of need my safe to work... Any help would be great!!!!

Duke Short

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Try new batteries. If still no good replace digital key pad POS or call Johnson safe co. I have no faith in keypad button pushing locks that hold my firearms hostage. Key or Combo, All can be breached but you have a button fail. When you get it out see where it was made. Good Luck

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I imagine you've already tried pretty hard to move the handle, but in case you've been a bit ginger with it you might try pushing in on the door while you unlock it and try to turn the handle. If the door is a bit out of adjustment the bolt on the actual lock might be dragging enough that the motor torque can't throw it out of engagement. The lock bolt should be isolated from a warped door and the green light should be indicating that the bolt did move, but that's about the only suggestion I have.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I have a small stack-on keypad handgun safe. Sometimes you have to turn the knob slightly to the left AND THEN to the right to open. That would be awesome if that's your problem. Other than that, try using your key.

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    After a few choice words and messing with the handle, I have finally got it open. I'll be gettin' a hold of Stack On first thing Monday morning because this is BS lol...... Also if my home was getting invaded my shotgun isn't in the safe and loaded with some good ol' fashion buckshot. ;)

Thanks for all the help guys

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I have had this happen - normally the batteries are getting weak. The solenoid that releases the lock just doesn't have enough power to pull out. Change the batteries! by the way you should have an "emergency" key that will open it even if the batteries go dead.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    My stack on safe keypad acted up a couple weeks back. I need to replace the batteries. they are about 4 yrs old. Its held up well. Regardless....I just went and got my backup key. Hasn't acted up since and I haven't replaced the batteries yet.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I'm an old-school guy. I like my dial combination safe. It just looks.......safier.

This, and the dial always works, even if it is difficult to see in the dark if you get caught flatfooted with all the shootin' irons in the safe during a home invasion.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    If it's important, it should be mechanical. Biometrics, digital, electronic are for cool. Mechanics are for critical.

Wolverine6G

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 2, 2012
    I have a small bedside finger button safe. It gets opened when I get home from work and closed after my wife leaves. no fumbling and trying to remember a code in the middle of the night.

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Try pushing the handle in the opposite direction while enterin the code, could be a sticking solenoid.

And i shouldve read further down...

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    If that happens again, lay the safe down on its back (if possible). Depending on the type of lock, that should allow you to easily open the safe. I'm interested in what the company will say after you call them...

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    If it's important, it should be mechanical. Biometrics, digital, electronic are for cool. Mechanics are for critical.

A guy here at work has a very pretty Browning gun safe with a mechanical dial. I has been stuck shut for a week waiting on his brother, a locksmith, to come get it opened. Digital, electronic, mechanical, if man made it, it can fail.

Top Bottom