• rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Literally, felonies for having these in his house:

Gun_MethuenMA_Seizure2.jpg

Massachusetts college student faces up to 10 years in prison for owning standard gun magazines | Police State USA

Last edited by a moderator:

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    And to think that the first battle of our nations fight for independence was fought in that very state. My how times have changed. someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't one of the reasons that the battles at Lexington and Concord happened because the British Troops were coming to take away their arms, ball and powder?

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    And to think that the first battle of our nations fight for independence was fought in that very state. My how times have changed. someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't one of the reasons that the battles at Lexington and Concord happened because the British Troops were coming to take away their arms, ball and powder?
    You are correct.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    They even have the obligatory police photo of the arsenal (even though it was just the mags that were illegal that wouldn't have looked as impressive). Clowns. Sounds like there's better places for the BATFE to be than MA if they have time to get involved in something like this (why were they involved anyway?). These superstars probably thought they stumbled upon a major "sleeper cell". Why did the police think this would remotely go over well on facebook?

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    A guy from Lebanon, who had a middle eastern accent, called a gun shop and asked about modifying a rifle to fire 30 round "clips" and asked about a suppressor. How does he not know that will have alarm bells ringing?

I feel bad for the kid.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    It is sad that one of the original colonies, and the one that it all started in, can treat it's people like the colonists were treated by the British. The only difference is these days, indifference.

It would really be nice to read that the student got a good lawyer who instead of using a firearm as the original colonists did, hits them with the law as was written so long ago, and like those colonists, wins big-time.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Check out the Police Department's Facebook post about the arrest: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=637151742985416

I love how they wanted to get patted on the back for their extra hard police work and countless hours of ever-so-hard investigations to bring this criminal mastermind down. They could have enjoyed dinner with their families but the officers involved were tirelessly working extra hours and putting their heads together on how to catch him so they can sleep at night knowing their community is much safer.... Yeah, read those comments on their Facebook page... looks like they didn't get the 'community support and e-back patting' they expected.

This investigation was and excellent example of local and federal law enforcement officers working together to make our community safer. The agents, officers and detectives did an excellent job of following a tip and developing information through investigation to a rapid conclusion resulting in an arrest and seizure of weapons and high capacity magazines.
    :evilangel:

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Thomas Paine to sum it up: "Wars, without ceasing, will break out till that period arrives, and the continent must in the end be conqueror; for though the flame of liberty may sometimes cease to shine, the coal can never expire."

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    It's nauseating to read the laws cited in the link. To think things can be so different in another state is mind blowing. Especially in the cradle of the American Revolution.

I've always put walking the Freedom Trail and visiting the places along it near the top of my bucket list. But I would certainly trade that and a few other personal wants for all Americans to be truly free again like the Founding Fathers intended us to be.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Check out the Police Department's Facebook post about the arrest: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=637151742985416

I love how they wanted to get patted on the back for their extra hard police work and countless hours of ever-so-hard investigations to bring this criminal mastermind down. They could have enjoyed dinner with their families but the officers involved were tirelessly working extra hours and putting their heads together on how to catch him so they can sleep at night knowing their community is much safer.... Yeah, read those comments on their Facebook page... looks like they didn't get the 'community support and e-back patting' they expected.

:evilangel:

oh yes, real American heros right there. Just sickening!!
    theyre just following the law though right?! Just mindless robots following orders.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Looks like the MPD is another domestic terrorist cell.

Pat each other on the back and throw a party, you ended a college student's career and life while enforcing invalidated laws.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Magazine restrictions aside, they have yet to even determine if the magazines in question were manufactured after the cut off, so how can they charge someone without any proof? Does innocent until PROVEN guilty not carry weight in this country any longer? As far as I can tell, the only thing they could charge this person with is unsecured firearms, and with the shady method the warrant was secured, I would think this would hold up about as well as toilet paper walls in a hurricane...

Top Bottom