• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Sounds like some sound advice from Yeager. Anyone else who patronizes these shows regularly have some advice to add?

Remember that this year's NRA Show is right here in Indy!

[video=youtube;zvV3OXPcUBo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvV3OXPcUBo[/video]

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I've attended other large events at the Indy convention center and his info is spot-on.

Question for the NRA Convention veterans. I just visited their NRA Annual Meeting web site. You can buy tickets for different events at the convention, but I didn't see any for the convention itself. Is attending free- just show your NRA card and you are in? Or will we need to purchase tickets? I know there are a lot of INGO people who will be interested in attending.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Did you sign up with NRA? Call and sign up and get your pass mailed to you that way you don't have to stand in line.

I just get my pass mailed to me but I am a GE so I get this done automatically.

The NRA meeting will be a great event. I hope all of INGO will swing by the ISRPA table.:D

HuntingBear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    Attendance for the NRA convention is free to all NRA members & spouses. There will be a pre-registration approximately 4 to 6 weeks prior to to the event but the announcement of the pre-registration is not good. Keep visiting the NRA Annual Meeting site for details. The events that cost dollars are the dinners, special auctions, prayer breakfasts, and lectures. You don't have to buy a ticket to one of the events to go to the trade show/expo. You can upgrade your NRA membership at a discount during the show on-site. It is a bargain! I am a Benefactor Life Member for over 25 years and my son & son-in-law are now Patron Life Members. Go to the show & attend the annual meeting - I have doing this for the past 35 years.

HuntingBear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    Hint - Go on Friday morning and visit the show floor (after I go through - LOL). Saturday will be extremely crowded if all the past shows are an indicator of attendance. Sunday is lighter than Saturday but still crowded. Wear comfortable shoes & clothes. Bring a backpack to carry all the catalogs you'll pick up. Leave your rollerboard or wheeled cart at home as all you'll be doing is bumping into people and get a lot of angry looks. A bottle of water is recommended and maybe a snack bar to munch on (avoid convention center food costs). Go on-line and check out the floor plan so you can go to your #1 vendor first. Otherwise establish a pattern to visit the booths. You'll be amazed at how many vendors are here & that some are hidden in a corner because they waited to send in their booth reservation.

HuntingBear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    Bring you children to the NRA Annual Meeting & Convention. They will be offering a BB Gun range and instruction by NRA Instructors. I will be one of the instructors.

Consider volunteering to help. You get a special badge, you help a great organization, and you get a preview of the event. You can find out more by visiting the NRA Annual Meeting website. I have worked at the past 8 shows and enjoy it.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I was considering attending the Shot Show this year since it is in our own backyard. In the past I've flown out to make an appearance.

But now that the "Malfunctioning Tranny" may be attending, I might as well stay home and shave my cat.
    Thanks for the warning Esrice. :(

My cat hates you now.

Top Bottom