• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cole46845

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    Anyone used this system it's model ism TLB-RTK and it comes with training gun and laser and the target. Has anyone used the laser training systems? It's like 175 for the whole set and not sure if it's worth it. They have cool laser "beer can" you can shoot that flips over when shot. Opinions welcome. Thanks

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I have a Laser lyte universal bore trainer and it does what it says is does. Inserted in the bore of my pistol it will project a laser dot on the target when the hammer falls. The dot persists long enough for me to register where I am aimed. Mine didn't come with the electronic target (or the beer can, but I understand mine would still work with the beer can if i bought it); just a reflective target. Honestly, I haven't used it in probably a year. I don't have anything bad to say about it, I just found I enjoyed using an Airsoft pistol a lot more.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    I have the Laser Lyte Reaction Tyme (TLB-RT) training targets. The set comes with the two small targets that have a constant on function as well as a random reactive shooting mode where the two flash independently of one another and you have a few seconds to shoot the one that flashed. I also have the .40 S&W chamber laser as opposed to the universal.

The system works well and is fun to use. The reactive system is good for draw practice since you have just about enough time to draw and shoot, so it can greatly increase your draw and shoot reaction. The targets are quite small too so they require actual accuracy which is also a good training aide in it's own right.

The chamber lasers themselves are pretty expensive, but I had read mixed reviews on the universal bore laser so opted for the chamber for the longevity. Unfortunately I'm limited to .40 S&W with the chamber laser so my girlfriend can't use my system with her 9mm. But the chamber lasers cost about the same as the more universal one so if I just pick up a 9mm laser in the future we can both play.

Last edited:

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    I bought a Laser Lyte bore sighter when I had several rifle scopes to install. Turn it on, slide into the muzzle, point rifle, no light. Repeat x times. Leave range, buy new batteries, repeat x times. Never did work right, the light wouldn't stay on long enough to point the rifle at the target and the combination switch/battery cover kept falling out. To date that is the worst piece of firearms gear I have ever purchased.

The ads for the trainer look neat but Laser Lyte products are on my do not buy list. IMHO, YMMV

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Might be too late to be of help, but the universal bore Laser Lyte has two settings that switched by rotating the black barrel that houses the battery. In one position the laser is always on ("bore sight mode"), and in the other it only provides the intermittent dot when the hammer/striker falls ("target mode"). If yours was in target mode you likely would have never seen the dot unless you dry fired during your sighting procedure.

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    I keep thinking of this. My question is how do you reset the hammer on the pistol every time without ejecting the insert? Glock 19 (No glock jokes please)

Airsoft is an option; need to see one of these in person.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I had problems with several laserlyte products. never again.
    i purchased laser bullets from Sportman's guide a lot cheaper.
    they are operated by the firing pin strike.
    I have used them for all indoor training and sight and laser sight allinement.
    The dot stays on and is bright enough to see the hit.
    They are made to not be extracted (no lip).
    I use a pencil to push out after use.

Top Bottom