• ...and so much more!
  • r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    12/24/12
    -Order placed for HORNADY STEEL MATCH RIFLE AMMO 223REM 75GR BTHP STL @ $21.99 each

Some time between 12/24/12 and 3/28/14
    -received 21 emails delaying back order or messages about order being cancelled if I didn't call and say that I still wanted it.

3/28/14
    -received email saying that the backorder was delayed until 5/25/14
    -received another email telling me that the card I had placed the order with was no longer valid and that I needed to call.
    -called and learned that my order was no longer a back order and that the ammo was actually in stock and will ship next week. :)

Wow I never though it would take so long for this ammo to come in but I kept the order alive because I obviously wanted the ammo and as it went on I wondered how long it would go until it came in or they would say it was discontinued. As it went on I thought to myself when it comes in it will be the "sign" of the end of the ammo scare. Anyone else have any super duper back order stories to share?

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Yup, that's why I can walk into every gun store in America and buy a case of Federal 745s no problem, and stores are greatful I'm taking such an easy to get item off their hands

The ammo scare is truly over

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I bought 5.56 at 36 cents a round.

I did NOT, on the other hand, wait by the counter at my local Walmart for the 22 ammo, that ive been tracking.

Once that **** stops, the "scare" will be over.

We are out own worst enemy.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Considering that America's last lead smelter was closed down a while back,I'd be surprised if .22 ever reached the same good prices again.I'm just going to be laughing when everyone does what I did and ditches the caliber altogether.Take that hoarders!

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I was in a LGS the other day that had just gotten .22 ammo that had been back ordered since September.
    .380 ACP plinking ammo is still pretty rare. Pretty much everything else I am seeing on a regular basis.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    It's not going to be over until people aren't willing to pay a 250% premium to the person who has a buddy at the Walmart ammo counter.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Considering that America's last lead smelter was closed down a while back,I'd be surprised if .22 ever reached the same good prices again.I'm just going to be laughing when everyone does what I did and ditches the caliber altogether.Take that hoarders!

That smelter made lead for car batteries. It has no affect on ammo. Don't buy into the hype.

Brassman65

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    anderson
    That smelter made lead for car batteries. It has no affect on ammo. Don't buy into the hype.

So is it time to start hoarding batteries? Quick does anyone know a guy at the autozone? I could stock up on those cheapo duralast batteries and make a killing. Sell a duralast and buy 5 optima's with the profits

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I said last summer that prices would start to fall in late 2013 and return to normal by spring 2014. That seems to be right on schedule.

The only thing that will hurt us is the republicans losing the House in the fall election. While it seems impossible, if we think that it can't happen then it will. For the most part the republicans are still being encouraged to fight among themselves. And the democrats are using every resource that they have to get out their voters.

That is what happened in 2012. The democrats allowed us to believe that it was in the bag, got our expectations up for an easy win. Then got us fighting. At the same time they had a low key get out the vote campaign going that used very little media (thus we heard nothing about it and assumed that the democrats were doing nothing). We got defeated even if it was only by 1%.

Riflemen14

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 15, 2010
    Wells County
    I have Federal Game Shok 22 Long Rifle 38 Grain Copper Plated Hollow Point Case of 5000 (100 Boxes of 50) on order from TargetsportsUSA since 1-4-13. At .06 a round. Have not been charged for it yet. And Targetsports stated I will get my order at that price when it comes in. I check in monthly with them.

Win52C

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County

Yeah, the Doe Run Plant closing is actually not a big deal. As conspiracy theorists, Ammo flippers etc would have you believe...

Look Here: Sierra Responds: How Will the Closure of the Lead Smelting Plant Affect Sierra Bullets? | Sierra Bullets

Now the Fema Death Camps and coffins. Those are totally real! :stickpoke::p

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Dont get me wrong, I dont like the idea of another US facility being shut down, to be replaced by foreigners, who dont have to abide by the same regulations. But it has nothing to do with the lack of 22.

Theres not even a shortage, theres actually a much larger amount of 22 ammo being produced these days. The problem is the demand. Its insane, and YOU are the cause.

Settle the hell down, and go back to the demand we had a couple years ago on 22 ammo, and you will be tripping over it in every retailer you frequent.

stevee

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 29, 2013
    Avon
    I saw some some .22 at Plainfield Shooting Supplies a couple days ago. I don't have a .22 but might get one if the scare is really over.

Top Bottom