• ...and so much more!
  • j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    This is what happens to someone the makes illegal full/select fire weapons. I was on this domestic battery call and noticed a Sten gun laying out in the open shed bench. At a minimum it would be a SBR. Upon closer inspection I noticed this was a functioning select fire gun and there were many of them. This guy was making them using modified receiver tubing templates and selling them to god knows who. The guy had fled the home before we got there but we got him later the same night on a traffic stop, complete with a select fire AK47 in his truck. What the news article fails to mention was not only was he a felon but also had a prior for making machine guns. This is the kind of guy that gives us legal gun owners a bad name IMO and glad he is gone for a while (again).:yesway:

Felon with 175 guns sentenced to 10 years | WISHTV.com

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Granted what he did was wrong, but there was a time when we had a constitution that allowed the right to keep and bear arms that was not infringed.

I am so conflicted over someone going to jail over something that once was legal, and per the supreme law of the land, still is, yet this guy did enough that he does belong behind bars.

I wonder what life was like before prohibition led to the 1934 NFA?

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Granted what he did was wrong, but there was a time when we had a constitution that allowed the right to keep and bear arms that was not infringed.

I am so conflicted over someone going to jail over something that once was legal, and per the supreme law of the land, still is, yet this guy did enough that he does belong behind bars.

Those early model black powder autos tended to jam easily.

Bowman78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Camby

I feel the same!!! I know it may not be popular but I hope the circumstances for the Leo involvement make the evidence for the firearms charges in-admissible.. Not a fan if the big brother or the NFA.....

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I don't know why he's a fellon or what his criminal history is, but I'm not going to celebrate someone being locked up over unconstitutional laws or "rules". I value my freedom so I don't play with fire but there's much more evil people out there that should be in jail over real issues.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

NFA was only started as a way to nail gangster on tax evasion charges. It has far outlived any purpose it once served.

As for the man being detained, unless he physically harmed another human being and that's what the charges are for, shame on those who arrested him.

ShootnCut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    Indiana
    I think the NFA was the least damaging compared to the FO"P"A of 86.

Agreed. Prior to 86 we could at least make what we wanted and legally register it. And the other stuff was at least affordable. Now you have to select from a very limited inventory that everyone thinks is worth more than a new car.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    The OP actually is a lot clearer than the article. Can't make heads or tails out of what the article is trying to say.

I agree that there are certain people who should not own guns. Can not tell from reading the article if the "felon" the article is about is one of those.

I do not agree that machine guns should off limits for most people, especially those who have clean records.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Mixed feelings here on the 1934 firearms stuff also. But the problem with this guy was he had already done federal time on auto weapons manufacturing and was making and selling to some pretty bad people. Once again that stuff ruins it for all of us that wait our 11 months for tax stamps ect. To hell with this guy. He is a big time criminal that thinks he can do anything and everything he wants. Hope he enjoys his stay.

Last edited:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Sorry your non getting the pat on your back you thought you would. Saving America? Nope. Tearing it down in my opinion by enforcing this BS

Whatever dude.:rolleyes: Pat on the back? Huh? Don't like a law work on changing it. In the meantime it is illegal to make select fire weapons....like it or not. It is also illegal to be a felon in possession.

Top Bottom