• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xM3RC1L3SS1x

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Southeast of Indy
    Oh, ok. I read the post and scratched my head. After reading the article I see what you meant. Shot while unloading. Lol. I was sorta curious as to how someone gets shot by an unloaded gun. I guess I need to sell my Glock since they shoot people?

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    What about that rule that says all guns are unloaded? That's right isn't it? Maybe someone should change that rule.

Purpley stuff implied.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I think the issue is that Glocks, and a few other similar designs, require the trigger to be depressed (sear disengages the striker) in order to field strip and remove the slide from the frame. 2 common mistakes (in addition to the 4 rules violations) that aren't unique to Glocks.

1) They pop the mag out but forget to remove the round from the chamber. They go to remove the slide and depress the trigger to release the sear that is holding the striker back and preventing the slide from being removed. ND is the result.

2) They remove the round from the chamber, let the slide slam shut, then drop the mag. They didn't realize they just chambered a round. They go to remove the slide and bam, ND.

Either way a visual inspection of the chamber to confirm it is empty could have prevented this. Not hard at all to do.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I think the issue is that Glocks, and a few other similar designs, require the trigger to be depressed (sear disengages the striker) in order to field strip and remove the slide from the frame. 2 common mistakes (in addition to the 4 rules violations) that aren't unique to Glocks.

1) They pop the mag out but forget to remove the round from the chamber. They go to remove the slide and depress the trigger to release the sear that is holding the striker back and preventing the slide from being removed. ND is the result.

2) They remove the round from the chamber, let the slide slam shut, then drop the mag. They didn't realize they just chambered a round. They go to remove the slide and bam, ND.

Either way a visual inspection of the chamber to confirm it is empty could have prevented this. Not hard at all to do.

An eye and a finger goes a long way.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    The media will ensure all states - at a minimum - eventually require training for the priviledge of exercising our 2A right, because of that right there. Poor muzzle discipline. If you continue to flag it's only a matter of time. Who pays? We all do.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    If I remember right there was a "trained" person (LEO) on youtube and he had a negligent discharge with a Glock.

Common denominator.......Glocks are dangerous..

and feel real bad

Right, Glocks are dangerous... that's the moral of the story. Forget some purple there? Common denominator is that a person did not follow the proper rules of handling a firearm.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Poor muzzle discipline can ruin your day...and your toe.

2ae6439f4e9d5c1dff35540fcb0d97ba.jpg

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Right, Glocks are dangerous... that's the moral of the story. Forget some purple there? Common denominator is that a person did not follow the proper rules of handling a firearm.

There's no purple when we're talking of Glock perfection

And no, I meant it when I said they feel real bad.

Poor muzzle discipline can ruin your day...and your toe.

2ae6439f4e9d5c1dff35540fcb0d97ba.jpg

Last edited:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Because no one shoots themselves with a firearm other than a Glock. Riiiiight. :rolleyes:

Calling Tex Grebner.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom