• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    On the surface, I see a problem. By the time I read the first page, its obvious the sample size is too small. Only 24 hours? No way that will be statistically accurate.

Not that I expect them to be able to do this for a month or more, but a DAY? Thats like saying "lets record all the traffic accidents between midnight and 3am and see what we find. HOLY HELL! We have an epidemic of drunk driving!!!!"

They'll be lucky to have a good cross section of incidents both good and bad. My gut says they will magically find that we almost never use our guns in self defense and most of the incidents are bad guys with guns.

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    I would like to see how many of those incidences were committed by a law abiding citizen compared to people who were already criminals. Might put things in better perspective.

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    They should call it the Gang Violence Tracking. Odds are most of these shootings are gang wars plus look at the areas listed with shootings and how they are major cities. Plus it looks like CNN was hoping the numbers would be higher then they were so they come up with excuses of why the numbers weren't so high as they wanted to see.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I saw this earlier. Given CNN's track record my hopes on this being impartial are not high

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Gee, comments for the article are off. I wonder why.
    To be fair to CNN they have turned the comments off on a lot of their articles. I'm sure you're surprised to learn that a lot of the contentious articles and opinion pieces are usually available for comments though

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    I didn't see anything on there about incidents where guns were drawn and not fired. If they are going to include police shootings in their stats, then they need to include no shoots as well.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I didn't see anything on there about incidents where guns were drawn and not fired. If they are going to include police shootings in their stats, then they need to include no shoots as well.
    Yep, that was my thinking. Actual shots fired will heavily skew it towards criminal behavior because the defensive use of a gun more often than not does not require an actual shot fired. But the defensive gun uses, by the FBI's own stats, outnumber all GSWs and deaths combined by several orders of magnitude.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    Looks like the folks of the northern plains and the northern Rockies know how to control themselves and their guns. For CNN this is probably surprising given those loose gun laws in places like Montana, Idaho, Utah and the Dakotas.
    I had trouble finding New Jersey for all the circles over it. Those restrictive gun laws in NJ could use to tighten up a few notches, eh CNN?

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Interestingly, there is an article on Politico today about "The Gunfight In Cyberspace" about how a woman who bought a Magpul iPhone case was repulsed when she found out that GASP Magpul made evil assault clips and AK15 parts and left a negative review on Amazon...and how shiz rolled downhill from there, and how "gun safety" advocates have turned to internet campaigns aimed at corporate policies to get changes they seek.

Even has quotes from Indiana's favorite "mom".

I'd consider it a coincidence...but ain't no way the timing is coincidental.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Interestingly, there is an article on Politico today about "The Gunfight In Cyberspace" about how a woman who bought a Magpul iPhone case was repulsed when she found out that GASP Magpul made evil assault clips and AK15 parts and left a negative review on Amazon...and how shiz rolled downhill from there, and how "gun safety" advocates have turned to internet campaigns aimed at corporate policies to get changes they seek.

Even has quotes from Indiana's favorite "mom".

I'd consider it a coincidence...but ain't no way the timing is coincidental.
    Link please

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    They'd also have to do a follow report on the cases which were initially prosecuted as murders but later found to be self defense. The project is designed to be propaganda for the ignorant.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    They'd also have to do a follow report on the cases which were initially prosecuted as murders but later found to be self defense. The project is designed to be propaganda for the ignorant.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Mark Twain

Top Bottom