• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Ridiculous. They just make **** up and change it willy nilly as they go. Like they always have. Disband the BATF. NOW.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Of course it's ridiculous. It's as ridiculous as it was predictable. I know this was going to happen eventually anyway, but it never struck me as particularly brilliant to spread a Youtube videos about this alternate use....or to ask the ATF about it directly.

"What, that? That's my arm brace. Shoulder? Why would I need to shoulder it when I have my arm brace?"

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I feel SO much safer now knowing that the ATF has put in place the Policy, which will keep Pistols from being used in a manner other than intended.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Of course it's ridiculous. It's as ridiculous as it was predictable. I know this was going to happen eventually anyway, but it never struck me as particularly brilliant to spread a Youtube videos about this alternate use....or to ask the ATF about it directly.

"What, that? That's my arm brace. Shoulder? Why would I need to shoulder it when I have my arm brace?"
    Exactly. And I'm sure the BATF also got wind of how easily it would be to transport an AR pistol with a Sig brace across state lines without the legal restrictions associated with an SBR. We can't have none o' that. No sir.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    This, of course, clearly demonstrates the utter stupidity and outright arbitrary nature of the NFA law. Even the friggin ATF doesn't understand this law and is clearly making this up as they go. Please consider contacting your legislator about this. The further into stupidity the ATF goes the more ridiculous the NFA looks. I continue to believe that the NFA, being a TAX on a constitutionally protected right, is unconstitutional. Consider the howls if Congress enacted another poll tax... This should be the same!

mconley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Hendricks Co.
    So,I just got off the phone with Sig, they stated that the ATF had not contacted them about this change. They also stated that what not many people read in the letter was that the person bought the lower and classified it as "other". Therefore with it not being classified as a pistol, any accessories or changes made to that could be subject to NFA. What do you guys think?

TECKS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 30, 2014
    SPEEDWAY
    I think the problem is when this first hit the market, everybody was showing magazine, blog articles, videos reviews and shooting using this NOT for its intended use. The first atf letter sent to sig of said it was kinda ok to shot shouldered. But then they saw the loophole bright as day... too much media from the firearms community.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    This, of course, clearly demonstrates the utter stupidity and outright arbitrary nature of the NFA law. Even the friggin ATF doesn't understand this law and is clearly making this up as they go. Please consider contacting your legislator about this. The further into stupidity the ATF goes the more ridiculous the NFA looks. I continue to believe that the NFA, being a TAX on a constitutionally protected right, is unconstitutional. Consider the howls if Congress enacted another poll tax... This should be the same!

Ponder the utter stupidity of an object being illegal when HELD one way, yet legal when held another..
    In what universe does this make a shred of sense?

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Ponder the utter stupidity of an object being illegal when HELD one way, yet legal when held another..
    In what universe does this make a shred of sense?

Only in the bizarre and stranger-than-science world of the ATF. An agency that should have been terminated a long time ago!

From reading the letter it seems to be all about "intent". So as long as you don't intend to use the Sig brace (or similar) you are good to go. If you accidentally or inadvertently, but without any intent bring the brace to your shoulder, you're legal.

Top Bottom