Join INGunOwners For Free

User Info Menu

Looking for 308 in NWI?

I happened to be checking ammo out in Walmart today and noticed they had some 308 on sale for 9.97 per 20 and they got quite a bit of it I'm out of michigan city in northwest indiana

User Info Menu

There's prolly close to 1000 rounds on the shelf

User Info Menu

I just finished my AR308 build so this caught my eye. I'm new to .308. Is that a decent brand?

User Info Menu

Idk, it's all brass case and copper jacket says its nato standards, it looks alright by me, but I don't have any personal experience with the brand

User Info Menu

its been hovering around $10 a box for a few months now. i bought about 200 rounds back in october to run through my m1a. not the most accurate or clean burning stuff in the world but i haven't had any negative issues with it.

User Info Menu

you do know that 7.62x51 isn't the same as .308 right?
    A mentiroso, boa mémoria

User Info Menu

You can find this stuff at any Walmart. In fact, if you go to the ZQ1 website, it says that Walmart is their exclusive distributor. I see it at every local Walmart in the Indy area.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by armyvet209 View Post
    its been hovering around $10 a box for a few months now. i bought about 200 rounds back in october to run through my m1a. not the most accurate or clean burning stuff in the world but i haven't had any negative issues with it.
    Thanks for the feedback.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow8088 View Post
    you do know that 7.62x51 isn't the same as .308 right?
    Except for they pretty much are, anything that can shoot a .308 will shoot 7.62x51 and vice versa with a few exceptions being that the only real difference is slightly higher pressure in a .308 but it's not enough difference to have an effect unless you're using antique weapons