• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    Carmel
    All the talk about the 1500 got me thinking.... You have more guns in one "room" than you could ever imagine. And yet no one gets shot. Ever hear about a shooting at a gun show?

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Sounds like the #1 dumbest place to shoot someone.
    I agree. :):

I asked Lars the question once. He doesn't remember it, but his response was something along the lines of:

Imagine you're guy carrying a loaded weapon into the show. No, better still: imagine you're part of a small gang (10-15?) of people walking in. There are dozens of police officers or some sort of Armed Security there. There are hundreds (thousands?) of gun enthusiasts there. Let's not count the number of pistols and rifles of fifteen thousand different varieties. And then we're back to the number of enthusiasts who know how to use them. And there were at least three dogs and one archery shop that I saw today. It would be suicide. Or at least go very badly for the Bad Guy(s). :)

It really goes back to the "An armed society is a polite society" saying, doesn't it? :)

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I think somewhere in there I included....

"as many AK, and AR rifles as some National Guard armories." :do2::biggun::shoot:

We won't mention the half dozen or so .50 Barrett Sniper Rifles.....

TraderJack

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    We had a shooting at an indoor range a couple of years ago in FLA. The guy walked in carrying a pistol in his hand and started shootin' the place up! If memory serves, he got off 5 rounds before he was downed by an employee. Nobody else hurt.
    We were on the line and didn't hear a thing!

Whackos are everywhere!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We had a shooting at an indoor range a couple of years ago in FLA. The guy walked in carrying a pistol in his hand and started shootin' the place up! If memory serves, he got off 5 rounds before he was downed by an employee. Nobody else hurt.

Whackos are everywhere!

Damn, That's scary. Hope you bought that employee dinner.

pmpmstrb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Well for those that don't know, the Officers that check your guns at the door highly frown upon leaving one in the chamber when you hand it to them. Just ask the guy in front of me. :dumbass:

Dave

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    Carmel
    WOW :n00b:. Scary ****.

Whackos are everywhere!

TraderJack

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    No kiddin'. We noticed the comotion when the police arrived and later found out that the guy had just lost his kids in a divorce and was attempting suicide-by-cop. He came awful close to suicide by employee!

We kidded the guy about his poor shooting at first, but it really bothered him to the point that he went into counseling and left the shop. Never heard what happened to him...

INJoker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    No kiddin'. We noticed the comotion when the police arrived and later found out that the guy had just lost his kids in a divorce and was attempting suicide-by-cop. He came awful close to suicide by employee!

We kidded the guy about his poor shooting at first, but it really bothered him to the point that he went into counseling and left the shop. Never heard what happened to him...

That's too bad. I've never had to shoot anyone and I hope I never do, but I'd like to think that I'd be able to get over it.

Having the proper mindset to begin with is 99% of it. Feeling justified afterwards is that 1% that some people either accept or don't.

IMO, the guy should feel more than justified in defending his own life.

TraderJack

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    INJoker said: Having the proper mindset to begin with is 99% of it.
    That's the biggest concern I have for anyone that carries!
    I ask myself this question everytime I strap on a gun... Are you willing to kill someone today? It makes me shudder everytime!

I just don't think everyone is ready to deal with having to take a life.
    There's some real bad ju-ju that goes along with the whole event.

I think everyone that carries needs to ask themselves that question everyday.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I think that there was an AD at the Indy 1500. If I remember the Dealer alleged that someone had placed a live round into one of his display weapons. But, my memory may be on overload :):

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Well for those that don't know, the Officers that check your guns at the door highly frown upon leaving one in the chamber when you hand it to them. Just ask the guy in front of me. :dumbass:

lol yeah I'd imagine they just want to be able to eye it and zip tie it!

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I think that there was an AD at the Indy 1500. If I remember the Dealer alleged that someone had placed a live round into one of his display weapons. But, my memory may be on overload :):

It's been a very long time ago, someone else may remember more. Bob Cheek has been around forever and I'm sure that he would remember if anyone did. Back in the 70's when Bob was doing the Holt Road shows he always wore the Hawaiian shirts with his back to the wall up front. Seems like I've been going to the Indy1500 since the early 80's or before. I remember complaining about a couple of bucks admission to get in and back then parking was free.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA

and TraderJack :wtf:

WOW! Ya got any sources for that? We wouldn't want to be guilty of any rumor mongering!:noway:

I said that the alleged incident occurred a very long time ago and my recollection may not be exact. Not rumor mongering, passing along possible information when some one inquired about AD's at gun shows. Zip ties have not been around forever.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tatdale2
    Top Bottom