• ...and so much more!
  • Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    So, what did everyone buy? Did anyone else's wants exceed their needs? :):

I picked up a Superior Arms lower yesterday, and that was all I had planned on buying. I wanted to get it local and save on messing with an FFL. Well, I got home last night and I couldn't help but think about building the rest of it. Pricing online was about the same as at the show. Either way I had convinced myself to buy the rest of it.

I ended up going back today, and bought the rest of what I needed.

l_5d95731a5444b33ee30f3f7dd961de61.jpg

l_31f37f1ce1ea099fbd66466566887a2b.jpg

l_0a2fee25c4b152ab2981af55584163c2.jpg

l_b9e49cfe5652931493a1effd2179d65e.jpg

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Sig Sauer Mosquito

Picked up a Sig Mosquito in Reverse Two Tone.
    mostly for Pami, although I'm sure I'll enjoy shooting it as well...

sig-mosquito-case.JPG

Sig-Mosquito.jpg

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Every time I read Mosquito I think of that little gun Tommy Lee Jones gives Will Smith in Men In Black.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Every time I read Mosquito I think of that little gun Tommy Lee Jones gives Will Smith in Men In Black.

it's too bad the .22lr doesn't carry the same level of punch the "Noisy Cricket" does.

;)

* Off to wally world to pick up some CCI Mini-Mags since her sig apparently dislikes my $9.50 / 550 round Federal Hollow points. ;) *

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I bought two cans of Top Cop spray from Shay who I have trained with at Tactical Response. One for me and one for my wife. I also bought a Fenix P1 light from Cory at Nash Gunwerx.

picture2te3.jpg

I was looking for a streamlight TLR1 but didn't find any good prices on them. Also a G19 gas airsoft to plink and practice with at home but no luck finding a good price on one of those either. I have seen them online much cheaper.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    All these new purchases makes me eager for an INGO shoot this spring. We should be well-equipped.

Ri22o, way to go! If memory serves, you now have a firearms holy trinity-- Glock 19, sweet shotty, and now the EBR.

breakinparts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    I got screwed out of the one here because I was in Tenn. I was going to make it to the one in Nashville, but that fell through... :xmad: Oh well.

ar15_dude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    I just need to order some mags and rounds and I'll be good to go.

I built an AR on a Superior lower I got at an earlier 1500...I like the lower just fine.

Nice rifle you put together, congrats.

As for mags, that is what I got at the 1500. JT Dist. was selling DSC 20 and 30 rounders with the latest GRAY FOLLOWERS for $14 and $12 respectively. You can get good mags for a great price here:
    Wholesale AR15 Magazines at 44MAG.com

For your new rifle I'd suggest no less than 12 mags, some 30s and some 20s. The 30s are a better financial deal, but the 20s are awfully convenient when shooting off a bench. Be sure to get the ORANGE or GRAY FOLLOWERS.

ick

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2008
    NWI
    I got the same complete SA lower as Ri22o, but I didn't get an upper to match. That's what mail order is for. Bought a few mags for the Glock. That's about it.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I built an AR on a Superior lower I got at an earlier 1500...I like the lower just fine.

Nice rifle you put together, congrats.

As for mags, that is what I got at the 1500. JT Dist. was selling DSC 20 and 30 rounders with the latest GRAY FOLLOWERS for $14 and $12 respectively. You can get good mags for a great price here:
    Wholesale AR15 Magazines at 44MAG.com

For your new rifle I'd suggest no less than 12 mags, some 30s and some 20s. The 30s are a better financial deal, but the 20s are awfully convenient when shooting off a bench. Be sure to get the ORANGE or GRAY FOLLOWERS.
    Yea, I had planned on ordering some mags from 44mag. I saw some 30s with grey followers at the place I bought my upper from, for $12. I had planned on ordering at least 10 mags.

Ick, I priced it out, and thought about it. It was about the same to buy it at the show, plus you could see the parts and have them same day.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I was bad. Not real bad but I probably spent too much. :D

I got one of these for the Colt AR Target gun:
    PRS.JPG

I got some more stuff to build up a new M4; M1 Mil-spec bolt and carrier, orderred a Vltor hand guard:
    greencasvSmall-gallery2.jpg

Superior Arms stripped lower:
    9632lower_rec.jpg

Hopfeully it'll look like this one but be a black & tan color scheme:
    CASV4-615x384.jpg

I'll probably mount my Eotech/Bushnell Holo-sight on this one.

I don't know what I want to get for a butt stock. Magpull, Vltor, standard 6 position Car... help me out here guys.

:cool:

ick

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2008
    NWI
    Ick, I priced it out, and thought about it. It was about the same to buy it at the show, plus you could see the parts and have them same day.

I about did the same thing, but I'm still not 100% sure about which upper I'm going with, so instead of impulse buying, I figure that I'll just obsessively scour the internet once I make up my mind. It's not like I'll be taking it to the range this week. For once, I can afford to take my time picking something out and waiting on shipping. ;)

Looks like we'll definitely have to have a day at the rifle range with all of the people building ARs lately.

Top Bottom