• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FortWayneGunfighter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 13, 2012
    The desert...
    Hey guys just need a quick check to make sure I'm not an a-hole...

im selling my safe queen m&p 15 sport(no forward assist or ejection port cover) with a case, 4 mags, and a Knights aramament quad rail and covers on it for 650 now zx guns sells for 600 new I know but theirs comes with a2 handguards And one mag and a box. Am
    i really so wrong in my price? The rifle has only 600 rounds down the tube with no issues...so far the best offer I've got is 550 and I feel like it's an insult the quad rail alone was around 200 and the case is a padded 2 rifle lockable case that was 50 what gives am I just that disconnected? Or am I just in my thinking?

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    There are a lot of ARs on the market right now. You're going to take a hit on it.

Gunbroker has 50 M&P15 Sports alone right now. Some are NIB with rail, grip pod, magazine for $650.

Semi Auto Rifles for Sale - Buy Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com

It might be a hassle, but you'd probably be better off trying to split everything back up and sell the rifle separately from your accessories.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    The AR market is really soft right now as it's pretty saturated so prices are in a slump. It's a buyer's market so while yes, it's probably worth what you are asking in the abstract, finding a buyer willing to pay it on gun forums or gun auctions is low. Private sales through friends and the like is more likely to get you what you are asking.

If you have the old handguard, take the new one off, put the old one on and sell it separate. Lower your price a little to reflect that.

Or, just hold on to the rifle until the next scare and sell it for double.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm not really an AR guy so without researching I don't know if that's a good price or not, but I think that with guns, like with cars, you're probably not going to get all your money out of your accessories, right or wrong.

FortWayneGunfighter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 13, 2012
    The desert...
    I mean I know I am gonna take a hit on it but guys coming and asking "what's your bottom dollar" okay maybe it's just the DV in me but when I say 650 firm in the add anyone who asks me what my bottom dollar is already has a bad taste in my mouth but to then offer 550 after I restated 650 firm took a lot to not curse out civilian life sucks

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Do you have the old handguards?

If you do, put them on, sell with one mag and lower your price.

AR's never sell for what we have in them. Doesn't matter if we have $650 or $2650 in them.

Think about this....keep your KAC hand guards, case and mags. I'll give you $400 for the rifle. Right? Accessories don't hold value.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Years ago, my Stepdad gave me two pieces of advice that have stuck with me.

1. You always put more dirt back in a hole than you take out. This may sound silly, but it's a huge analogy for many holes we dig for ourselves in life.
    2. Things are only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for them.

As others have already commented, the AR market is flooded with pretty good deals right now. With so many new guns hitting the market during the panic, I think the entire used market is pretty soft. Not to mention, 600 rounds down the pipe is not LNIB condition. I do think you'll come closer to getting your $$ back out of it if you piecemeal it out.

FortWayneGunfighter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 13, 2012
    The desert...
    Some dudes argument was you out 600 rounds through it I can get a new one with all that an a red dot for 650 I told him to EAD and that any bipod handguard and Rey dot he gets for 100 total would fall apart maybe it's just how these guys are offering lower than my minimum price after I tell them that is getting me so rilled up. Buyers etiquette if the price is higher than you can spend just say thank you but that's out of the price range im looking at good luck...

unfortunately i didnt didn't keep the a2 rails

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Most people dont want the sport model. So now your dealing with a saturated market and fewer buyers for what you specifically have. The 550 offer was a gift IMO. Believe me I want to thrash people all the time that lowball. But it is what it is. People want something for nothing. Just let it roll off your back

FortWayneGunfighter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 13, 2012
    The desert...
    People don't want it because it doesn't have an ejection port cover or forward assist now here in 29 palms a dust cover is essential especially in training but I have never, I repeat never used a forward assist the entire 4 years I spent active duty as a marine infantryman and if they want them so bad they can buy a lot for 18 on eBay

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    The AR market is really soft right now as it's pretty saturated so prices are in a slump. It's a buyer's market so while yes, it's probably worth what you are asking in the abstract, finding a buyer willing to pay it on gun forums or gun auctions is low. Private sales through friends and the like is more likely to get you what you are asking.

If you have the old handguard, take the new one off, put the old one on and sell it separate. Lower your price a little to reflect that.

Or, just hold on to the rifle until the next scare and sell it for double.

I think this is on target, good advice. Keep your case, put the old handguards back on and try that way. While the M+P 15 Sport is a big seller prices for NIB ones are low now. As noted before the AR market is glutted now and Ruger has just entered an entry level AR into the fray as well.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    I just saw your mention of not having the original handguards.
    I have a new pair of OEM factory take off handguards from a Sport you are welcome to free of charge if it will help you, I'll even cover the postage. PM me if interested.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Dear FWGF,
    Life outside the Military is a negotiation. Very few people expect the posted price to be the firm price on a used item of any type. You should keep this in mind when you are the buyer or you will get taken. You have just as much power being the seller to graciously end the negotiation.

I understand your frustration at the changing market value but your anger is misplaced.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I've got an ad up right now with a Mosin for trade.
    My ad states specifically that for which I'm interested in trading.
    I've had EVERYTHING BUT what I'm looking for offered to me lol!
    ...literally not a single one (out of about 8 or 9 offers) has been what I said I want.
    I've learned to ignore or politely decline...

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    It's used. Once it's sold to an owner, said owner is selling a used firearm (or anything else).

What any item is worth is based on it's used value. It's worth what a ready, willing, and able Buyer is willing to pay, at the moment, a ready, willing, and able Seller. That's it. There is NO 'inherent value', and what the original owner paid for it is irrelevant (except to the original owner, of course).

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    I don't like the "what's your bottom dollar" question either. My bottom dollar is as much as I can get, within reason.

I usually respond with something like "If you don't like the price feel free to make an offer and I'll accept it or make a counter offer".

Top Bottom