• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ahburns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    West Lafayette
    IMG_2712-1.jpg Yesterday, a couple buddies and I were taking turns shooting and spotting, off the benches on the 50 yard Kingsbury range, when a fly landed on my target. The fly sat there for two near misses and I was lucky enough to hit it on the third, SPLAT! Believe it or not, the shot was definitely a combination of luck and an accurate gun not so much the shooter. The gun is a Ruger American .22lr: 18inch threaded barrel; 4.5x14 Mueller scope; bi-pod & homemade rear bean bag rest; huntertown arms guardian; shooting standard velocity 40 grain eley prime aguila. Next time I may try covering my targets in simple syrup to attract some additional targets.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Way to go Jethro.
    Well, besides the whole lead thing it's probably one of the mist environmentally friendly "insecticides" that you'll find.
    No doubt the fastest acting too.

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    What is the daily bag limit on flies?

One, I think, if its a hen fly. Drakes are fair game....Hey, I just thought of "greenheads" as in greenhead flies.

Just think of the fly's buddies- "Holy ****, Larry just bought the farm!" ...as a piece of lead about their size "buzzes by".

Probably overthinking this whole thread.....LOL

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Fly hunting has GOT to be easier than fly fishing... Last time I tried that I didn't get a single bite!
    Little bastards just buzzed around my lure.

Need a smaller hook like
    images

and some :poop:.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I once hit a carpenter bee in mid-flight with an SR-22 from about 8 feet away..nothing but a yellow and black mist. Couldn't do it again if my life depended on it, but it was awesome. :)

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Confirmation. Nice. Dude's on his way to being a fly sniper ace. IF he can just remember to shoot shovel (with a REALLY teeny shovel ) and shuddup to avoid rabbit ranger (fly ranger?) Imposed pokey time.

Top Bottom