• lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Background Info:

The quiet town of Nashville, Indiana has gone through a welcome transformation. Within a fairly brief period of time the town has gone from little firearms related merchandise to now having three stores offering guns, ammunition, and accessories.

It's a standing joke in Brown County about the bored husbands filling the benches around town waiting for their wives or girlfriends to finish shopping. Now there are some great shops for the guys to ramble through.

INGO member dak109 is what we refer to as a Brown County "native". That means he was born here and has spent all or most of his life here. It's a point of local pride that we "transplants" will never be able to claim. :)

When dak109 started a thread about the newest shop in town, I suggested he go visit them and take some picture and post a thread on INGO. He fired back that he would walk around with me and show me the shops as long as I did the picture taking and posting duties. It seemed like a good deal for both of us so we recently did just that.

The map below show the locations of the three stores we toured.

After parking along Main Street, dak109 and I set out on foot. First stop: Apache Tactical.

2927net.jpg

Apache Tactical

[STRIKE]59 E. Main Street, Unit D (Old School Way)[/STRIKE]
    227 S Van Buren St.
    Nashville, IN

Hours: M-Sat 10 am - 5pm, Sun 11 am - 5 pm

[Ed. Note: April 2016: dak109 reports that Apache Tactical has moved a few blocks south to the tee and across Washington Street.]

2lt2hxw.jpg

We were greeted by "Emily" as we walked into the store. She and her military veteran husband "Joe" run Apache Tactical. It's a beautiful store with a large assortment of firearm accessories and gear.

Some of their product lines include:
    -- Magpul
    -- Core15
    -- Vortex
    -- Oakley

As you look through the pictures of the store you'll see knives, targets (paper and steel), ammo, optics, gunpowder, bags, clothes, and more.

They recently expanded into the adjoining retail space and are in the midst of filling it with more fun gear.

2zhprnb.jpg

213kbyf.jpg

Powder! Not a large assortment yet, but some well-known varieties are stocked.

zlano8.jpg

Their Magpul line of accessories is very broad.

1624pix.jpg

9rit7b.jpg

Men's Toy Shop

60 N. VanBuren Street
    Nashville, IN

Just north of an INGO favorite, Big Woods Pizza, is the Men's Toy Shop. Shop owner "Mike" was very pleasant and showed us around his store. Their largest product line is a wide variety of cigars, pipe tobacco and pipes. He stocks many brands and types that are hard to find. There are also many boxes of Royall Cologne for those INGOers who have been looking for it.

There are tee shirts of all varieties and many gift items for men.

Interspersed within other products you will find some firearms, ammunition, and Maxpedition gear.

2dua4w4.jpg

Cigars and tobacco.

3505k3s.jpg

33bicms.jpg

These are wooden plaques recognizing many branches of the military and law enforcement/fire service. Nice looking and surprisingly affordable.

vq5xqo.jpg

The store has both long guns and handguns on display.

d5nr7.jpg

Certainly worth a visit the next time you find yourself in Nashville, Indiana.

14tq4c5.jpg

Buck Shot Sporting Goods
    175 South Jefferson
    Nashville, IN

Hours: T - F 10am - 6 pm; Sat 10am - 4 pm; Sun Noon - 4 pm

Recent INGO threads about Buck Shot III:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ng-goods-winchester-new-castle-nashville.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-discussion/381095-new-gunshop-nashville.html

Buck Shot Sporting Goods is the newest shop in Nashville. They've been open only a week with last weekend being their official grand opening. They are in the process of designing and installing a front sign, but in Nashville, that can be a complicated process. Until then, an easy way to find them is to remember that they are behind (west) of the large brick Christian Church on highway 135 as it goes through downtown Nashville.

This is the third store opened by Buck Shot Sporting Goods. The original store is in Winchester, Indiana, the second one is in New Castle, Indiana. While new here, they already have the connections and marketing strength to service gun enthusiasts in this region.

2ed5sea.jpg

It took dak109 and I about 20 minutes to make it from the door until we met the store owners. This wasn't due to the owners, but to us meeting fellow INGO member Gunslinger and dak109's son and his friend. Gunslinger had just come from a funeral where he volunteers as an honor guard for military veterans. We talked about that and about guns for awhile. Seeing folks like this is another enjoyable aspect of visiting gun shops.

Once we started to look around, we found two large rooms lined with handguns, long guns, ammunition, knives, accessories, and gear.

jilz48.jpg

We met the store owners/managers "Rick", "Carol", and "Jared". Co-owner "Tom" was not there at the time. It was he and Rick who first decided to open the first Buck Shot Sporting Goods store during a discussion around a kitchen table. As Rick tells the story, a simple handshake sealed the deal.

While they already have stocked a nice selection of firearms, they have plans to bring in more guns and ammo. In particular, they want to focus on keeping new and high-demand items in stock for their customers.

308ij2v.jpg

2ch3vvc.jpg

dak109 was adept at keeping out of the pictures all day, but I did finally get a snapshot of him along with Gunslinger (maybe not his best side) at the end of the day.

11tpws7.jpg

It was now past closing time at Buck Shot Sporting Goods (although Rick said he will stay in the store as long as customers want to look around). We said our "good-byes" to Rick and the others at Buck Shot and walked back toward Main Street and our vehicles. Once there we said our farewells and headed to our homes.

A great way to spend a Spring afternoon; visiting gun shops with a fellow gun enthusiast and meeting other INGO folks along the way.

In closing, I'll offer an idea: Get several of your INGO friends and head to Nashville. Visit these three shops (and others if you like) and then sit and rest at Big Woods Pizza while they bring you your favorite beverages and some of their great pizza! You'll be glad you did! :yesway:

Last edited:

acss502

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Central
    Wow. Nice write up. We ride motorcycles down through Brown County and always back up through Nashville to hit Big Woods Pizza. I'll definitely have to hit this trifecta next time I'm down there.

Last edited:

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Very good review and pics of all three stores LMW. It's always a pleasure to encounter other INGO members in the wild. As always I enjoyed talking with you and DAk109 on Saturday, and I appreciate that you photog'ed my 'best' profile!

All three of these shops compliment each other in a lot of ways. It's really refreshing to see shops such as these adding a better variety of destinations locations in Nashville, and with Big Woods in the heart of the village it's only gotten better.

Thanks to you and DAK109 for doing this. :yesway:

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Great Post! I now have a place to go and spend a nice day looking, dreaming and wishing. Who knows, I may buy a scratch off lottery ticket there in Nashville and win big. I'll likely leave the all or most of the winnings in Nashville, IN.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Great, now the wife wants to go to Nashville. She was looking over my shoulder when I was reading this. Great write up though.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    I know the owners appreciate you taking the time to "plug" their stores.. VERY nice write up.. I missed Apache Tactical when I went through Sunday, now I have an excuse to go back.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT]
    Certified Glock armorer-M&P & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Awesome Post! Wife & I will be in town May 15th, 16th, & 17th, nice to have something to look forward to, other than coffee, fudge, Big Woods (love their food & Busted Knuckle), & people watching. Usually hike a day in the park which is also fun.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Great, now the wife wants to go to Nashville. She was looking over my shoulder when I was reading this. Great write up though.

Hey Dan, Sorry for potentially taking a bite out of your budget! Buy maybe the spousal unit will be in such a good mood that she'll want you to buy a gun while you're there.

My apologies to all my fellow INGOers who might have to walk around Nashville holding their wife's jacket and purse. :)

I know the owners appreciate you taking the time to "plug" their stores.. VERY nice write up.. I missed Apache Tactical when I went through Sunday, now I have an excuse to go back.

My main motivation was to let INGO members know these stores are there and to support Nashville. I live in Brown County and the last few years have been rough on some retailers. A little more foot traffic in the town would be a good thing.

Top Bottom