• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FortWayneGunfighter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 13, 2012
    The desert...
    Anyone have an experience with them in 5.56? I have a trade offer for one but I'm a bit worried about it being structurally sound in 5.56? Especially with it being for a ar pistol build... I've used one in .22 and it was great light and no issues but what about 5.56? Help ingo

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Anyone have an experience with them in 5.56? I have a trade offer for one but I'm a bit worried about it being structurally sound in 5.56? Especially with it being for a ar pistol build... I've used one in .22 and it was great light and no issues but what about 5.56? Help ingo

I bought one of the New Frontier polymer lowers for one of my first AR builds. I think it was $99 for a complete lowers from joe Bob outfitters. It was of pretty good quality and ran fine. Traded it to my father-in-law about a year ago and he brings it every time we shoot. Still runs good and no issues.

However, with how cheap non-polymer lowers have gotten these days, I don't know that I would buy another poly lower. No real reason other than just preferring the metal ones.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I don't have any experience with them or have anything against them but the price of aluminum lowers is down low enough now that a polymer would have to be like $20 for me to even think about one.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Why bother when you can get a quality forged lower for $50? I had one years ago when forged lowers were $100+ and the poly was $40. Even then I didn't feel like it was worth it so I sold it.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I have one on my dedicated .22 upper and have had zero problems. I wouldn't put it on my 5.56 unless I was desperate though. It would probably work fine but as others have said the price of aluminum ones has dropped so far it's not really viable. I've seen Anderson stripped lowers for as low as $35 plus tax. It also depends on what they are wanting to trade for as well as what you have in that and what all it comes with.

FortWayneGunfighter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 13, 2012
    The desert...
    I had a trade lined up for one plus cash for my switchblade but it fell through thank you guys for the input I will be less worried about the material the lower is made of then. The search goes on!

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I had one and had pretty decent success with it. I bought it to dedicate to a 22lr upper I had but used with 5.56 for about 1,500 rounds without issue. Absolutely agree with everyone else though, at the current price point, just pick up an aluminum one and don't look back.

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    I have 2 polyes (they were complete,when purchased)-------.223-----300 Blackout-----------zero problems----no idea on round count.

tallend

Top Bottom