Citizen's arrest, what are your thoughts INGO? (WARNING: James Yeager video)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    WARNING: This thread contains a video featuring James Yeager, the MFCEO.

What are your thoughts about citizen's arrests INGO?

Do you agree with Mr.Yeager, is it something you would never do under any circumstances?

He talks about lack of training and gear (handcuffs).
    I would like to know what LEOs would do if someone breaks into their home since they have the gear and training (but no backup unless their spouse is also a cop I guess :): ). :dunno:

[video=youtube;_An0t8prLZY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_An0t8prLZY[/video]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Home intruder at gun point? Here... 3 - 5 minutes tops.
    ...and amazingly he's spot on, otherwise.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'm not arresting anyone or holding them at gunpoint. Too much can go wrong. If someone puts me into the position that I have to draw a firearm, if they manage to turn and run away before I start pulling the trigger they can just run on away with their bad selves.

saleen4971

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    East Side Indy
    i guess.....i dunno.......

id like to think its a better alternative if, for example, someone pulls a knife on a gas station clerk while im in the store......although i doubt that would happen for numerous reason.

if you get your weapon aimed on target, you are ready to "shoot to kill" - there should be no "get one the ground" - that is jsut asking for retaliation, etc. etc.

if the situation doesnt call for deadly force, but anythign less than presenting a firearm will yield said necessity..........

*head explodes* ive been dirnking too much for all this thinking crap....

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    There is one situation where this needs to happen, because no one in law enforcement or gov't will stop a certain person from violating the law so many times as this person has and this person keeps getting away with it. I think we all know whats being said :)))))

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    The only bad guy on the floor of my home will be a dead one. I'm not going to ask any questions. Why the hell would I even say a word. If I awaken to an intruder breaking into my home that person is asking to get shot at. No questions asked. I'll zip tie their dead hands behind their back.

After being in this situation before with no gun...I'm never taking any more chances and risking my life and the lives of my wife and son.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Ah, so INGO'er is visiting the local convenience store, bad guy comes in, never actually points their weapon at said INGO'er, shoots the clerk right in front of said INGO'er, robs the cash register, and the consensus is to do nothing and let 'Mr. Murderer / Robber' walk out the door?

Gotcha.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Ah, so INGO'er is visiting the local convenience store, bad guy comes in, never actually points their weapon at said INGO'er, shoots the clerk right in front of said INGO'er, robs the cash register, and the consensus is to do nothing and let 'Mr. Murderer / Robber' walk out the door?

Gotcha.

Who said that?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

Gotcha.

That's kinda why I asked that question.
    The scenario doesn't have to be someone breaking into your house at night.

But in your situation I'm not sure the bad guy who just killed the clerk would nicely drop his gun and get on the ground if you wanted to make a citizen's arrest.
    :dunno:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Gotcha.

If there was no reason or chance for self defense or the defense of others, why would you expose yourself to the threat of an armed murderer? If your gun is already out and exposed, it's time to be using it. I don't see much in the middle. :dunno:

Last edited:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    If there was no reason or chance for self defense or the defense of others, why would you expose yourself to the threat of an armed murderer? If your gun is already out and exposed, it's time to be using it. I don't see much in the middle. :dunno:

Can one "use" a pistol and not fire said pistol?

For me: The answer is "depends".

That's the answer for all questions/scenarios like this.

I KNOW I'm not a cop. I KNOW that I'm not trained on how to subdue/cuff/hold someone. I KNOW that I don't carry handcuffs. I DO KNOW that I can hold a firearm on a mope (from several feet away) who may have attempted a forcible felony who may or may not be bleeding on a tile floor of a Village Pantry.

It depends. It always depends.

Top Bottom