Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KellyinAvon View Post
    I try to stay with the bullet (no pun intended) points in front of me. The old "intro, this is the bill, here's what I like, here's some stats to back it up, repeat as time allows, closing" method works for me. If I go Al Pacino from And Justice for All it may not go well.
    During an interview while training to be a reactor operator, I was asked a question about a subsystem I didn't know very well.
    I described the system to the power supply, then back to the main power distribution, then into a subsystem I knew very well.
    It took a while for them to notice we weren't describing the system I had been asked about.
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

User Info Menu

sauce will thicken upon standing

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Guy's talking NRA TV, Dana, etc...

https://tunein.com/radio/WIBC-931-s52361/
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Im on to the next one...

User Info Menu

https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/g...unty-jail.html
    Indiana State Rep. Dan Forestal was arrested on drunken driving and other charges this week, according to police and Marion County Jail records.
    Forestal, 36, was booked into the jail Sunday on initial charges of driving while intoxicated, resisting law enforcement and impersonating a public servant, online records show.

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/...es/1997209001/

https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/g...ml#post8004129

I WAS RIGHT!

I'm catching up on "Gun Guy with Guy Relford" shows, and I just heard this one.
    10-7-17 episode.

From facebook

The Gun Guy WIBC

October 8, 2017 Zionsville, IN

The podcast of yesterday's show has been posted. (WARNING: you may lose brain cells listening to Rep. Dan Forestal's nonsensical quibbling over the meaning of the words "get" and "acquire" - truly mind-numbing.)
    Still, the takeaways from the show are:
    1. Forestal's earlier comment on Facebook that Constitutional Carry is a "no check whatsoever to get a gun bill" is a lie. Constitutional Carry will change absolutely nothing about when background checks are - or are not - required in the process of getting (or buying, or obtaining or, yes, ACQUIRING) a gun in Indiana. Forestal squirmed and deflected and changed the subject, but he never offered any cogent argument in support of the truth of his comment - because that comment was demonstrably untrue.
    2. Forestal's comment that Constitutional Carry will "allow criminals to carry guns in public" is also a lie. If a person is a prohibited possessor before Constitutional Carry, they'll be a prohibited possessor after Constitutional Carry - and they'll be subject to arrest and prosecution under either state or federal law (or both) if they are found in possession of a gun.
    3. Democrats like Dan Forestal demonstrate clearly that they have absolutely no valid arguments against Constitutional Carry when they have to totally mischaracterize what the bill does and doesn't do in order to rally opposition to it.
    4. When given ample opportunity to present real arguments in opposition to Constitutional Carry on the highest-rated talk radio station in Indiana, Forestal wasted his air time (and our brain cells) quibbling over second-grade English and calling a dictionary definition of a three-letter word "legalese" - and that should tell you a lot.
    5. As ably demonstrated by Jim Lucas, sometimes the best way to win a debate is to simply allow the other side to demonstrate the weakness of his argument, then blow it out of the water with plain, direct and honest language.
    6. Constitutional Carry now has more momentum than ever before - as the arguments against it (including those offered by Dan Forestal) either fall flat or are exposed as outright lies.
    My prediction: Indiana becomes the 13th state to adopt Constitutional Carry during the next session of the Indiana General Assembly.
    - Guy

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

User Info Menu

Makes me even more giddy that he is likely gone.

BTW, has anyone stepped up to call for his resignation from his colleagues? Because you can DAMN well be sure if there was an R after his name there would be LOUD calls for him to step down; probably even before he made bail.

My money is on somebody IMPORTANT (not typical race baiters and peons like us) will call for Rep Lucas to step down over his nothingburger meme before Forrestal is called to task.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Thanks for putting 2 and 2 together. I remember that show but didn't connect it with the loon arrested.
    Done, done, and Im on to the next one...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bwframe View Post
    Thanks for putting 2 and 2 together. I remember that show but didn't connect it with the loon arrested.
    I lucked out.
    I literally just listened to the episode in the last couple days.
    And I remember him saying he was a fireman, a LOT.
    Almost as bad as an ex-submariner.

User Info Menu

Also, have you ever noticed the amount of anti-gunners that can't seem to control themselves.

Projection anyone?

NOT "The Call Center" wtburnette's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by actaeon277 View Post
    Also, have you ever noticed the amount of anti-gunners that can't seem to control themselves.

Projection anyone?
    I believe that to be at the core of most "honest" calls from the left for gun control (honest meaning that they actually want to ban guns for safety and not for control of the masses). These people honestly feel they couldn't control themselves with deadly weapons and therefore feel no one can.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wtburnette View Post
    I believe that to be at the core of most "honest" calls from the left for gun control (honest meaning that they actually want to ban guns for safety and not for control of the masses). These people honestly feel they couldn't control themselves with deadly weapons and therefore feel no one can.
    Oh, absolutely, 110%. I dont know how many Ive talked to with that exact thought. And it came from their mouth directly. "If I had a gun I'd shoot somebody." And they meant it literally with no hyperbole.

Most (if not all) of their policies and ideas are projection. They are unable to comprehend that others can do things they cannot, and assume that everyone is the same and thinks like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast