• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slider

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Brownsburg
    Wilber Right is a great range. There is always a range officer on duty. They do not allow mag dumps and don't forget your stapler to staple up your targets. And most important......Stay safe and have fun.

99zhuggerz99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    McCordsville
    No holstered firearms.
    Sign in when you get there and don't forget to drop off paper after asking to open a 100yd
    Rifle range stays full (if there are people there) if a spot is open snag it first and a pistol spot will almost always be open.

BoilerMakerME

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Yea, when he say's mag dump, they'll get on you if you shoot more than like a round a second. It's a free range, but last resort over other places. There is a gun club just south of muncie, i think over by prairie creek??

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    Yea, when he say's mag dump, they'll get on you if you shoot more than like a round a second. It's a free range, but last resort over other places. There is a gun club just south of muncie, i think over by prairie creek??

There are a couple of gun clubs, but you have to pay to join and there are waitlists, and other headaches. I haven't been shooting in a little over a year, and my wife hasn't in about 10-15 years. So, this is a good as place as any.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    I've never had a bad experience at Wilbur Wright, but I haven't been there for a while either. Before my uncle built his range I would go almost bi-weekly if not more often, but after my first weekend trip there, I started going tue-thur in the afternoon. In my opinion that is the best time to go. You are usually the only one there and when you are the only one there, the DNR guys are pretty awesome to chat and shoot with. I wouldn't go on a weekend again to save my life, too many irresponsible people and trying to get a cold range to check your target or hang a new one is a pain.

As others have said, take a stapler and some targets, unholster if you are carrying, sign your little slip before you enter and keep it in your pocket. Other than that just have fun and enjoy!

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Wow-----there must have been a GREAT change i WW since I was there(LONG AGO)------the last time I was there there were targets?????like, water heaters,gas cans,glass from bottles,paper trash--all over the place-------"Glad to hear of the change"---at one time they were talking of closing the range ---

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    They have hours 8:00am to 5:00pm. Closed on Mondays except on holidays. It's not to bad but it can get real busy. For targets get some posterboard from walmart in green or red and spray paint a white dot on it and wall-laa you got yourself a 2'x3' 'shoot and see' target for a $1.00. Great at 25yds.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Wow-----there must have been a GREAT change i WW since I was there(LONG AGO)------the last time I was there there were targets?????like, water heaters,gas cans,glass from bottles,paper trash--all over the place-------"Glad to hear of the change"---at one time they were talking of closing the range ---

Yeah, I remember the wild old days at WW. There were bullet holes in everything, even the wooden stools, and you had to bring your own target stands.

Now, it's much nicer and they keep it up well.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles

Those days are LONG GONE ..... I haven't been, in a couple years.

I lived in Greenfield, and went several times a month, and it has changed ..... for the better .....

Last edited:

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    Well, had a good time. Found 60 glow targets for about 10 bucks, so went with that.

Spent most of the time on the 100 ft range shooting the 22.

Went over to the 50 ft range, had it to ourselves, but it started raining, so there goes that.

Had a blast, didn't have any problem getting a shooting lane. Most people there were two other people. It was great, and I can't wait to go back!

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011

Remember when they had dump truck loads of mulch on the 50yd range? Way back before they sold mulch in the 80's. So anyway, I had a Marvel Mystery Oil can that made a nice 'thunk' sound when hit with a 22. Then I stuck an exploding target on it and then there was big boom and started a small fire on the mulch that I had to put out.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport

Sounds like what Winamac USED to be like about 18 years ago. Not now though.It's probably one of the nicest DNR/FWA ranges in the state of Indiana now.

Rey B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    I need to get over to Winamac soon. Been almost 6 months due to letting life and funding get in the way of my shooting habits.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I need to get over to Winamac soon. Been almost 6 months due to letting life and funding get in the way of my shooting habits.

Rey B, Yes... you do my fellow Hoosier. No one that I know of EVER wished they could spend MORE time working than enjoying ones hobbies. The Winamac range is my happy place. I work to live, not live to work..:)

khayden65

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    United States
    Was there the last week of December, Wednesday afternoon the 27th, range was pretty full both the 25 & 50 yard. Nice friendly people and staff. Great time, was very muddy as expected for the climate and time of year. Even deer hunter on the south side of the park to end a very enjoyable visit!

Top Bottom