• ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    LA Times

Well at least it seems he died happy. I don't think they're correct to call it an arsenal as many of them seemed not to have been used. More properly a collection.

"It's not a crime to have a large number of weapons so long as they were legal to own and legally obtained," Smith said.

Surprising that Cmdr Smith even know this is true. I suppose they'll melt these down, too. Sigh

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Okay, if they haven't been able to identify the man, how do they know it was HIS house?

"The unusual discovery came as police investigated the death of the man, whose decomposing body was found in a car parked down the street from his home."

And then... "Coroner's officials said Monday evening that the man had not yet been identified"

:scratch:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Okay, if they haven't been able to identify the man, how do they know it was HIS house?

"The unusual discovery came as police investigated the death of the man, whose decomposing body was found in a car parked down the street from his home."

And then... "Coroner's officials said Monday evening that the man had not yet been identified"

I would guess that the guy had identification on him, but they haven't made an independent ID yet.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    So it wasn't Leland Yee?

tumblr_m2t03xEqht1r4etbjo1_500_zps1fl1lkdy.png

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

I suspect they mean formally identified for legal purposes. Appears they knew whose house to go check. Pacific Palisades is not exactly a neighborhood where derelicts go to die in anonymity.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    So let me get this straight. Guy dies in his car, possibly from natural causes since no foul play suspected. Cops roll into the house and find a bunch of guns. They load them up for safe keeping. Then they question why a guy has so many guns and want to investigate them all? No reason to believe there was any bad intent. Sounds like the deceased really liked collecting guns. Good place to invest money if you ask me..

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Wealthy area. Someone knows him and he's sure to have a lawyer. Could be a very valuable collection.

Edit: Saw a pic of some of the guns. It really didn't look like a valuable collection, but there could be a winner in the pile. The man lived in a condo too. Expensive condo in that area, but not a demonstration of a tremendous amount of wealth.

Last edited:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I sold three safes full on my gun collection to finish up a degree and to get another. Most I had for a long while, sold them all at a profit. In that same period of time, merrill lynch turned $270K into about $40K. Which was the better place to keep the value of my earnings? Gold is too fickle of a metal for common investment, Chrome Moly, stainless, brass and lead will continue to appreciate. I do not think mere possession of firearms is any grounds for bringing the man's name to question on the news.

One thing that does bug me, and I saw this when a curio and relic gun collector was busted for something that the court proved was untrue. As they process large amounts of firearms, the handlers toss them around like cord wood. Until it is proven in a court of law otherwise, that is a mans personal property, and should not incur damage from being mistreated. Maybe this guy stored his that way, but the C&R bust that was reversed, had fine grade museum grade artifacts. Would those who handled the rare and irreplacable stuff want someone tossing their personal property that way?

Last edited:

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I sold three safes full on my gun collection to finish up a degree and to get another. Most I had for a long while, sold them all at a profit. In that same period of time, merrill lynch turned $270K into about $40K. Which was the better place to keep the value of my earnings? Gold is too fickle of a metal for common investment, Chrome Moly, stainless, brass and lead will continue to appreciate.

nice. Remeber to diversify - polymer, nickel, stainless, etc all have their place too

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I wonder if some will get the torch because they are no longer on the CalDOJ list and they won't be able to prove when he bought them and hence whether they were legal to own when purchased.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I wonder if some will get the torch because they are no longer on the CalDOJ list and they won't be able to prove when he bought them and hence whether they were legal to own when purchased.

Good question, Since it's la I would imagine that they will destroy as many as they possibly can just for the publicity.

Top Bottom