• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Sorry for the pay site. When WBIW updates, I'll try to remember to come back and post a link.

Not a BLM episode but an all to frequent domestic dispute. Basically, the dude was choking his wife and fled to his garage. When he finally came out, he had a pipe in his hands. He disregarded orders to stand down and when he raised the pipe up to take a swing, he was shot.

Man dies in officer-involved shooting in French Lick - TMNews.com: Local News

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Prayers for the officers and their families. Pulling the trigger like that cant be good on your soul...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    :rolleyes:
    Why didn't they shoot the pipe out of his hands?

Shouldn't they have used a taser?

Don't they have beanbag rounds?

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I'm a little surprised it was a trooper on a domestic

As small (<2000) as French Lick is there may not have been a town cop available. Many of these smaller towns have only one cop, if that, on duty at a time. If there was even a town cop on duty he may have been busy and the trooper was nearby and available so he went.
    In these less populated areas the LE agencies really have to work together and help each other out.

JWoodlee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2015
    Southside Indy
    My cousin is a trooper in KY and they deal with this all the time. Meth and heroin make people do crazy things. Unfortunately many end up injured or dead.

whiteoak

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2015
    In The Whiteoaks
    Typical in small Indiana counties, State, County and City officer work together, and take calls together, to serve as backup. I did my career in a county that had three officers on duty each night a State, County and City officers. So when a call came in each agency worked with the other to provide a second officer for safety. If arrests were made you would let the Trooper take the paperwork, no matter who put cuffs on or transported, because at that time they had a quota to reach each month. Relations in large municipal agencies where the departments don't really get along or work together are not the norm. for rural areas.

Top Bottom