Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who do I call?

User Info Menu

Well this isn't giving me much hope.... I sent them an email, hopefully I hear back soon.
    If you are interested in competitive pistol shooting, www.facebook.com/fwuspsa

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by printcraft View Post
    Well I was gonna post "In before someone makes a Ghostbusters comment". I guess I am just not quick enough.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post
    Mine probably would have if it wasnt matching all my other papers. His dispatch couldnt get ISP to answer so they could validate the paper. He even took a photo of my gun "so if they called back after he let me go he could prove I had it illegally and would come to my home and arrest me."
    You don't live in 1930's Germany, do you?
    “We must hang together, gentlemen…else, we shall most assuredly hang separately.” – Benjamin Franklin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jgreiner View Post
    You don't live in 1930's Germany, do you?
    No but does traveling through Westfield count?

User Info Menu

This thread actually made me a little nervous. I had moved a couple of years ago and my lifetime LTCH has my old address on it. So I used the link shown earlier and went online to check. I had faxed the ISP my new address within a week of the move but never heard from anyone. When I checked their records did in fact show my current address but my lil pink (laminated) card still shows my old address. For $20.00 you can get a duplicate sent out and it will show my correct address so I went ahead and ordered it. The site said that it would be a hard plastic card now so I guess I won't have to laminate the darn thing again. That is a plus. Just did it to avoid any issues. Thanks for posting all of this stuff.
    Certified NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol ​

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post
    Mine probably would have if it wasnt matching all my other papers. His dispatch couldnt get ISP to answer so they could validate the paper. He even took a photo of my gun "so if they called back after he let me go he could prove I had it illegally and would come to my home and arrest me."
    Sheesh! Jackboots or Hobnails?
    You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SkinNFluff View Post
    Well I was gonna post "In before someone makes a Ghostbusters comment". I guess I am just not quick enough.
    We be fast. THEY BE SLOW.

First thing that came to my mind before opening thread.

User Info Menu

It would be a lot easier to move to the wrong city and zip code...

User Info Menu

However, I filed a second time making absolute sure that the city and zip were correct. I just received it yesterday with this information incorrect again. Do you guys happen to know the proper phone number to call to talk to someone?
    I tell my guys to send a letter and keep a copy of the letter that you send. Or, print out the e-mail that you send if you kids and your rock n roll and your computers feel it necessary to e-mail.

ISP: Contact Firearms Licensing

I believe it is within a person's best interests to shell out the $20 for an updated licensed. A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    A Sigma and a SIGma male

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    ...I believe it is within a person's best interests to shell out the $20 for an updated licensed. A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Sounds like I need to find that other thread about updating to the new state plastic license? I put it off as ISP suggested having the correct address on the license isn't necessary. I've done nothing other than their requested fax notification.

This makes a lot of sense the way Kirk puts it. It's not a big deal to err on the side of arrest for the LEO in the advent of odd circumstances, but it's a really big deal to me as the one going to jail. Getting stuff inventoried, confiscated, etc. I'm sure can be a huge hassle at best, let alone the time and money involved.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and I’m on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast