• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    I recently moved. I have now filed for a change of address for my License To Carry Handgun twice. The first time, it came back with the correct street address, but wrong city and zip code. If figured I had made a mistake. So no big deal. However, I filed a second time making absolute sure that the city and zip were correct. I just received it yesterday with this information incorrect again. Do you guys happen to know the proper phone number to call to talk to someone?

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I had this happen on a move and it is truly maddening. I ended up making an email contact with the Lieutenant over the firearms division and he hooked me up with a lady (don't recall her name) that expedited the resolution. In the interim I have gotten a lifetime LTCH and found that ISP needs to be made aware of a change of address but it is not required that you drop $20.00 every time to amend your pink slip.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I had this happen on a move and it is truly maddening. I ended up making an email contact with the Lieutenant over the firearms division and he hooked me up with a lady (don't recall her name) that expedited the resolution. In the interim I have gotten a lifetime LTCH and found that ISP needs to be made aware of a change of address but it is not required that you drop $20.00 every time to amend your pink slip.
    This. The address on the slip isn't important, it's what's in their computers that is.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I had the same problem. I told her to arrest me then. She declined to do so.

Mine probably would have if it wasnt matching all my other papers. His dispatch couldnt get ISP to answer so they could validate the paper. He even took a photo of my gun "so if they called back after he let me go he could prove I had it illegally and would come to my home and arrest me." :rolleyes:

varkman

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2015
    Jeffersonville
    I called years ago about a change of address, and asked the trooper what I had to do, I gave the new address, and old, then she said...you just did it you just have to notify us.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ghostbusters-image.jpg

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Mine probably would have if it wasnt matching all my other papers. His dispatch couldnt get ISP to answer so they could validate the paper. He even took a photo of my gun "so if they called back after he let me go he could prove I had it illegally and would come to my home and arrest me." :rolleyes:

You don't live in 1930's Germany, do you?

Markus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Indianapolis
    This thread actually made me a little nervous. I had moved a couple of years ago and my lifetime LTCH has my old address on it. So I used the link shown earlier and went online to check. I had faxed the ISP my new address within a week of the move but never heard from anyone. When I checked their records did in fact show my current address but my lil pink (laminated) card still shows my old address. For $20.00 you can get a duplicate sent out and it will show my correct address so I went ahead and ordered it. The site said that it would be a hard plastic card now so I guess I won't have to laminate the darn thing again. That is a plus. Just did it to avoid any issues. Thanks for posting all of this stuff.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Sheesh! Jackboots or Hobnails?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    However, I filed a second time making absolute sure that the city and zip were correct. I just received it yesterday with this information incorrect again. Do you guys happen to know the proper phone number to call to talk to someone?

I tell my guys to send a letter and keep a copy of the letter that you send. Or, print out the e-mail that you send if you kids and your rock n roll and your computers feel it necessary to e-mail.

ISP: Contact Firearms Licensing

I believe it is within a person's best interests to shell out the $20 for an updated licensed. A confused cop is an arresty cop.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...I believe it is within a person's best interests to shell out the $20 for an updated licensed. A confused cop is an arresty cop.

Sounds like I need to find that other thread about updating to the new state plastic license? I put it off as ISP suggested having the correct address on the license isn't necessary. I've done nothing other than their requested fax notification.

This makes a lot of sense the way Kirk puts it. It's not a big deal to err on the side of arrest for the LEO in the advent of odd circumstances, but it's a really big deal to me as the one going to jail. Getting stuff inventoried, confiscated, etc. I'm sure can be a huge hassle at best, let alone the time and money involved.

Top Bottom