• ...and so much more!
  • thepetcow1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Hello Everyone!

I searched around quite a bit before posting, and I did not find an answer to this question.

First off I got my LTCH in 2011. Lifetime.

I was arrested at the beginning of this year on a class D felony of theft from 2010. I plead guilty to AMS (Alternative Method Sentencing - Class A Misdemeanor) and got a year of probation, pay restitution.

My question is this: Did my LTCH get revoked when I was arrested for the Class D Felony? All the information I can find states that if you get arrested for a felony, you lose it. I found a site online that stated if you got arrested for a class C or higher felony you lost it, but I can't find anything in the official code that states that.

I was talking to a buddy today, and he mentioned that when the ISP revokes someone LTCH, they usually send a letter in the mail requesting the card back / notifying the person their license was revoked. I did not receive anything like that.

Also, just to keep my nose clean, I removed all my firearms from my house. I don't need to get in trouble and go to jail over something stupid...

Thanks in advance.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    They can arrest you for anything under the sun but in the end, only the nature of a conviction counts.

You could always apply for a duplicate LTCH if you really want to be certain of your standing in their database.

thepetcow1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for the quick reply.

I am going to do that as soon as my probation is up. I don't want to raise any red flags...

I logged into the site to order one, and it doesn't say anything about it. But I think that's just to check application status, which of course was approved.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    You could always call into the State Police and ask, especially considering your circumstances. Being a LEO I am kind of curious as well, I've never ran into something like this before.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I am curious too but I think ATM is correct. Also my understanding at one point was that it's valid until notified it's been revoked in such a case as you were not convicted of a felony or anything they then chose to pull it. This was via a lawyer, but not saying it should be taken for gospel.

thepetcow1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2015
    Indianapolis
    That was my thought as well, Bfish.

I am not going to make any calls or anything until my probation is up. I don't need to be poking around and having people wonder why I am asking these questions, when I am not suppose to be in possession of any firearms, which I'll mention again, I am not...

It just came up in conversation today, and I thought I'd look into it.

Thanks everyone!! If I figure anything out, I'll post back here.

Kmocao

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Somewhar in the Bush
    I had a friend get arrested for a felony, and then plead it down to a misdemeanor, which he was convicted for. He didn't have his LTCH at that time, but not too long afterwards applied for and was issued an LTCH without any problems(other than a longer than usual wait). Not quite the same circumstances, but I can't imagine they'd do anything until you were actually found guilty and convicted of a felony.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    very interesting. Keep us posted.
    As others have said, the conviction is the more important part. Keep doing your part, wait through the probation period and play nice with others, and you will likely come out just fine.

Fantix

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Lawrence Co
    They can arrest you for anything under the sun but in the end, only the nature of a conviction counts.

You could always apply for a duplicate LTCH if you really want to be certain of your standing in their database.

I would think the conviction should be what determines if a license becomes suspended or revoked, but If you read the license, it does have this statement on it.
    This license is subject to suspension and/or revocation for felony arrest and/or improper or reckless use of a handgun.

I hope all works out for you thepetcow1.

Top Bottom