• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    They were $12.95 last week, I bought 10. They sold out, but they're back at $13.95! All mine were Gen2 "LE Only" 1993 mfg. mags, all in good to excellent shape.

I think I'll order a few more, these are even cheaper than the Korean KCI mags. They have over 500 in stock now, but get them while you can!

GLOCK Model 17 17rd 9mm FACTORY Magazine Used

Also want to say that I've always had great service from AIM, and I always get my orders within two days.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I purchased 10 for $12.95 each, for a total of $129.50.

I just purchased another 10 for $13.95, for a total of $139.50.

I got 20 magazines for $269. At $20 each, they would have cost me $400, so yeah, it's a great deal.

Any problems with weak springs, etc? I've been hesitant on used mags myself, when I can find new ones pretty cheap.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Any problems with weak springs, etc? I've been hesitant on used mags myself, when I can find new ones pretty cheap.

I tested four of the first ten, the nicest ones, and had no issues feeding. Those are now my EDC mags. I carry a 19, and wanted the extra boolits.

They all seem to be really good. Mostly if not all are police trade ins, so they haven't been cycled too many times. Them sitting loaded for most of the year, every year, won't hurt them.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Another vote for Gen 4 factory fresh for 20ea

Buy once cry once. They got rid of them for a reason. I wouldn't put my life on the line with them either. I guess they would be ok for range fodder for some folks.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I also would like to know where these $20 Gen4 mags are, but what makes the Gen4 mags so superior to any of the previous generations?

They have ambidextrous capabilities? What else is different? Are you also saying that you wouldn't trust your life to a Gen2 Glock handgun? I find your premise absurd.

These mags may be 20 years old, but I have no doubts on their integrity. There's only so much improvement you can make. There are people using 1911 magazines from the '40s, and they run just fine, I'm sure my 1993 Glock mags will last a lifetime.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    You can find new OEM Glock mags for $21.95 at www.gtdist.com and occasionally they run % off sales through the year. You do have to pay shipping. I just recently put in an order with them as they were having a veteran's day sale. There shipping can sometimes be steep.

AIMSurplus has some for $22.95 + shipping but is often sold out on various model mags.

Botach routinely has them for $25 (sometimes less) each free shipping and at times has quantity discounts.

Depends on how much you are buying at a time as to how much shipping may/may not impact and which one may be worthwhile.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    You can find new OEM Glock mags for $21.95 at www.gtdist.com and occasionally they run % off sales through the year. You do have to pay shipping. I just recently put in an order with them as they were having a veteran's day sale. There shipping can sometimes be steep.

AIMSurplus has some for $22.95 + shipping but is often sold out on various model mags.

Botach routinely has them for $25 (sometimes less) each free shipping and at times has quantity discounts.

Depends on how much you are buying at a time as to how much shipping may/may not impact and which one may be worthwhile.

I just checked Botach and they have the G17 Gen 4 for $20 each if you purchase 6 or more with free shipping. Im geting ready to get me some.

To answer CPT's question: I prefer to pay a little extra per mag for new, to know that I'm not getting a mag that has been tampered with. I don't have range / practice mags. If they don't run in all my guns they get to find a new home.

I keep 50 cal ammo cans loaded with ammo of each caliber I have. I leave enough room on top of the ammo for a holster mags and a pistol so that during a bug out each ammo can is a defensive kit with everything needed for one person to use. If I have iffy mags that will create a kink in the system. I'm all about saving money, but to me some savings are not worth the risk.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I just checked Botach and they have the G17 Gen 4 for $20 each if you purchase 6 or more with free shipping. Im geting ready to get me some.

To answer CPT's question: I prefer to pay a little extra per mag for new, to know that I'm not getting a mag that has been tampered with. I don't have range / practice mags. If they don't run in all my guns they get to find a new home.

I keep 50 cal ammo cans loaded with ammo of each caliber I have. I leave enough room on top of the ammo for a holster mags and a pistol so that during a bug out each ammo can is a defensive kit with everything needed for one person to use. If I have iffy mags that will create a kink in the system. I'm all about saving money, but to me some savings are not worth the risk.

Nice, I have ordered from Botach in the past and had good results. Some folks have indicated problems with items getting backordered. Had I seen the current quantity discount (and knew it was mix and match on Glock mags which it appears to be), I would have probably ordered from them rather than GT distributors for my latest order. I picked up some Glock 43 mags, a couple more Glock 19 mags, and a Vickers mag release for the 43. Appears I could have done about $5 better total after shipping on Botach due to the free shipping. Next time I'll check them first. They are usually on my short list.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012

CPT- I want to know I am getting a new mag. Factory fresh like I said. No idea what kind of life those other ones have lived.

GLUE-I also have ammo stored in the same manner. Everything labeled at the ready. Nice!

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    CPT- I want to know I am getting a new mag. Factory fresh like I said. No idea what kind of life those other ones have lived.

GLUE-I also have ammo stored in the same manner. Everything labeled at the ready. Nice!

Repackbox.com is my go to for card type boxes. They are a little bit harder to load than plastic boxes but they don't take up any more room than loose rounds in the ammo can. I'm not a fan of loose rounds in a can either, some are ok with it but I like the idea of being able to hand somebody a box or if I put on my tin foil hat I would say slide it across the floor to my buddy covering the other window or door. :tinfoil:

Top Bottom