• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KurtassFW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    First, I want to say hey, everyone. My life is insane right now (group home supervisor, substitute teacher, and transition to teaching student), and I haven't been on in a while.

So, I am currently building an SBR. The only thing I need now, is the NFA tax stamp, and the barrel. I have all my paperwork in order, but money is tight and I haven't been able to file the paperwork yet. I am shopping around for barrels, and was leaning toward the Aero Precision 8" barrel. I know Aero is a quality company and I like the idea of having an Aero barrel attached to my Aero receiver. However, as I was looking around, I found another barrel that was $25 cheaper. Upon further inspection, the barrels seem identical. The specs are the same, and the markings are the same with the exception of the brand logo, etched in the side of the barrel.

8" .300 Blackout CMV Barrel, Pistol Length | Aero Precision

8" .300 Blackout Pistol Length CMV Barrel | Ballistic Advantage

Is there any reason to spend the extra $25 on the Aero barrel, or am I essentially buying the same barrel and wasting my money for a name?

Thanks!

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    THey look very similar. I noticed the weight shows up as 17 vs 18 oz.
    Also, the last number on the barrel marking is 3/14 vs 7/14
    (300 Blkout 1/7 4150 CrMoV 3/14) I'm not sure what the last number represents. THe others designate Caliber, twist rate, and metal used, respectively. Is this the manufacture date??

Also, just because they are similar, doesn't mean that they'll be the same quality. I'd imagine that the rifling, finish, and quality control on the Aero is better, and if it's not, they'd back their stuff up with a warranty. Will the other barrel have a warranty?? If you know and trust Aero, go with that option (also, wait until thurs/fri to look for deals online for that exact barrel)

Top Bottom