• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    So how about that "Talk guns over turkey dinner" thing?

HA! HA!
    :cool:
    Unintended Consequences.

icon_smile_cool.gif

Black Friday 2015 sets new record for single day number of NICS checks.

:rockwoot:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I saw this too. Good!!!

I think I actually watched something on TV last week that stated this was expected. I don't recall what it was though.

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    Good to see, esp with what's going on all over the world. I'm surprised we escaped unscathed on Sept 11 and this black friday. Conspiracy theory or not. I think obama promised them something

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I like this! Sure, let's talk guns at Thanksgiving dinner and perhaps we're seeing the beginning of a new "Black Friday" tradition. Instead of fighting the crowds of angry shoppers at Wally-world or the local mall, go GUN SHOPPING! Obama should be careful what he's asking for!!

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    A couple of shops that I have visited in last couple of weeks have been very busy, I also have noticed that it continues with the trend of a lot of new gun owners and specially woman.

MemphisR32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Westfield
    I'm part of that stat. Picked up a Shield at Point Blank. I must say I'm super impressed with that store. Very helpful and knowledgeable staff. None of the BS gun guy crap in a lot of other places.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    My wife and I stopped at RK in Decatur, ZX Guns Ft. Wayne, and Freedom Firearms looking for some different holsters for her revolver on Black Friday. Every store was jammed packed full with people waiting in line to get to the counter.

After ZX Guns I checked my phone to see if some major disaster was happening. I have never seen those stores so full. It seemed like there was a much higher average of new gun owners at the counter than you typically see. But that is just my subjective observation. I even heard a family at Rural King and another family at Freedom who were buying their 20 something kids their first pistol.

As a community, we need to do our best to welcome all these new guns owners... Encourage them to get proper training... And to encourage them to educate themselves on the political process. We NEED them to do their part in protecting our 2nd amendment rights.

Top Bottom