• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CavMedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    I have a friend (I know), whose father just passed away. He lived in Michigan and she is travelling there to handle his estate. She is getting everything as she was an only child and her mother has already passed. He had a couple of pistols, Glock, 1911 and a some sort of revolver I think. Is there any special rules that apply since she is getting them through an inheritance or do they need to go through an FFL to be transfered to her since they are part of an estate?

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I have a friend (I know), whose father just passed away. He lived in Michigan and she is travelling there to handle his estate. She is getting everything as she was an only child and her mother has already passed. He had a couple of pistols, Glock, 1911 and a some sort of revolver I think. Is there any special rules that apply since she is getting them through an inheritance or do they need to go through an FFL to be transfered to her since they are part of an estate?

Michigan has some funny laws and does have registration. She should check with the estate Attn.

diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    I think I would pick them up,take them home and stash them and leave it at that,NOBODY NEEDS TO KNOW EVERYTHING,especially the goverment,they were your dads and now their yours,end of story.IMO, call me old fashioned.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I think I would pick them up,take them home and stash them and leave it at that,NOBODY NEEDS TO KNOW EVERYTHING,especially the goverment,they were your dads and now their yours,end of story.IMO, call me old fashioned.

I think if I were going to do that, I would not post it on the interwebz...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Is there any special rules that apply since she is getting them through an inheritance or do they need to go through an FFL to be transfered to her since they are part of an estate?

What do you mean by "special rules"?

1. She is not a prohibited person?

2. This is a bequest or intestate succession? Not a gift before death?

Look at 18 USC §922(a)(3).

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    What do you mean by "special rules"?

1. She is not a prohibited person?

2. This is a bequest or intestate succession? Not a gift before death?

Look at 18 USC §922(a)(3).

Gee whiz Kirk! With a post like that, people might think you were a lawyer or something! :):

HHollow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Michigan requires handgun registration. If the thing is to stay in Michigan the new owner is required to register it.

CavMedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    She is bringing the pistols back, she is perfectly able to buy, possess and carry a firearm. And I don't think that anything was gifted prior to her father passing. It seems that she would be fine to go there, retrieve the items and transport them according to Michigan laws and return to Indiana.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    It seems that she would be fine to go there, retrieve the items and transport them according to Michigan laws and return to Indiana.

Assuming, of course, the will calls for that.:D

As long as she is not a prohibited person and the handguns are not stolen, she is fine.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    What does latest reputation mean w/12 points, never heard of this ?

it means somebody with a LOT of posts here thought something you said was VERY correct. Think of it as a facebook like... but instead of a single level, somebody can make it more or less important by assigning more points to it. heck, if they REALLY hate what you said, they can give you negative rep and drag your score down. (not that a reputation score means much)

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I think my rep function is broken.... I give it out all the time but nobody seems to be able to give me any.... Can someone send me some rep to see if it works or not?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I think my rep function is broken.... I give it out all the time but nobody seems to be able to give me any.... Can someone send me some rep to see if it works or not?

Roger that. Negative rep inbound...

you didnt say what KIND of rep you wanted... :p

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Tried, but getting this:

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to IndyGunworks again" Not sure when the last time I rep'd you was.

Top Bottom