• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seagullplayer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2016
    Crawford Co
    I would like to say that I bought a pistol last Friday at the Rural King in Jasper and had a great experience.

The two guys behind the counter where knowledgeable of the product and very friendly.

They didn't have an accessory I wanted and they even directed me to a shop in the area that did.

I will deal with them again.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Heavyset guy with glasses at RK? If so that was Art and I work with him at his other job, great guy to work with. And Dave's in Holland is a great place to go too.

tmater

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Yes Dave's is very nice and one of the few in southern part of the state with a good amount of reloading supplies

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Another +1 on Dave's. I have a younger brother who lives in the area, and we usually make a Dave's trip (or three) when I'm down there. John and Jodie are both great guys I always enjoy seeing when they're in.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2016
    Columbus
    Hey I have a 740 and love it too.
    Did you get an inside the waistband or outside holster? I'm going to be looking for an inside the waistband soon and was planning on starting to look for reviews.

IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    I carried a PT709 for several years. The first box of ammo I used was Winchester white. I had lots of problems. Never tried that ammo again but I shot about every other kind I could find and never had another issue with it. I "upgraded" to the G2 111, which is kind of a double stack 709. It had to go back to Taurus for a problem with feeding hollow points but it runs 100% now. I miss that little 709. It concealed great and was a great little pistol.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I carried a PT709 for several years. The first box of ammo I used was Winchester white. I had lots of problems. Never tried that ammo again but I shot about every other kind I could find and never had another issue with it. I "upgraded" to the G2 111, which is kind of a double stack 709. It had to go back to Taurus for a problem with feeding hollow points but it runs 100% now. I miss that little 709. It concealed great and was a great little pistol.
    You might try polishing the feed ramp. It seems that manufacturers sometimes don't take that simple step. I've got the little 739 (.380) and had jam ups until I polished the ramp with a soft wheel with a little polishing compound in a Dremel. No problems since.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    On a totally unrelated note; has anyone been into the Muncie store lately? They had a real winner behind the counter yesterday. I stood in awe while he told a couple he'd choose a diamondback over a ruger. Guess what he just happens to be trying to sell? You guessed it. It sorta went downhill from there, and my tolerance for such stuff just isn't what it used to be, so I moved on.

seagullplayer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2016
    Crawford Co
    To answer some questions:
    I have been shooting Federals with no issues at all.
    I got my IWB holster at Dave's. I like it better than I thought I would.
    I also have another holster coming from Amazon, but this one works well.

0210162038_zpszkoq520s.jpg

Top Bottom