• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    A few weeks ago I posted that I had a double fire on the new AR I assembled. It turned out that I could make it happen at will and I determined the enhanced polished fire control group I purchased from PSA was defective.

I wrote them an email and after not hearing from them for two days I called. They said I had to send the old one back before they would ship a replacement. At least they paid the return shipping, but it was aggravating that they had to wait for the old one to ship the replacement.

It has been nearly two weeks and the replacement finally arrived. When I picked the bubble wrap package up off the porch I thought to myself that it felt thin for a FCG. I thought surely they did not just send me a new dis-connector thinking that was the issue even though I returned an entire FCG.

Nope, instead I received a ambidextrous safety :dunno:

They say they are going to expedite an new FCG but this is very frustrating.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A few weeks ago I posted that I had a double fire on the new AR I assembled. It turned out that I could make it happen at will and I determined the enhanced polished fire control group I purchased from PSA was defective.

I wrote them an email and after not hearing from them for two days I called. They said I had to send the old one back before they would ship a replacement. At least they paid the return shipping, but it was aggravating that they had to wait for the old one to ship the replacement.

It has been nearly two weeks and the replacement finally arrived. When I picked the bubble wrap package up off the porch I thought to myself that it felt thin for a FCG. I thought surely they did not just send me a new dis-connector thinking that was the issue even though I returned an entire FCG.

Nope, instead I received a ambidextrous safety :dunno:

They say they are going to expedite an new FCG but this is very frustrating.

I have had enough issues with them in the past. Not using them anymore.
    I have been in the store front in SC. It is a very cool place that is well stocked.
    The mail order side is just not well managed.

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    I have had enough issues with them in the past. Not using them anymore.
    I have been in the store front in SC. It is a very cool place that is well stocked.
    The mail order side is just not well managed.

I have ordered quite a bit from them and will probably do so again. I am usually not in a big hurry so slower shipping does not usually tweak me too much. I do however think replacement orders should get priority.

I guess I will know soon enough what "expedited" means to them. On the plus side, he did not ask for the safety to be returned....at least not yet. Too bad it's not something I really want or need.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I had an LPK that was missing the detents, mag button, etc. It was a painful process getting the replacement parts. I emailed and made a post on their Facebook page. I ended up needing to call (waited on hold for 12 minutes) and apparently they never processed it? I took about 4 weeks to get my parts.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had an LPK that was missing the detents, mag button, etc. It was a painful process getting the replacement parts. I emailed and made a post on their Facebook page. I ended up needing to call (waited on hold for 12 minutes) and apparently they never processed it? I took about 4 weeks to get my parts.

^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    3 times. Parts and pieces missing. There issue. My wasted time.
    There guns are not that cool to have such issues.

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh

I was probably on hold for at least 15 today. Hopefully they will get it right this time.

I seem to have had bad luck lately. I ordered a lower parts kit from Center Mass Tactical and it was missing a spring as well. I will say that John was on top of it and sent one out ASAP. +1

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I have that same polished & chromed FCG and LPK w/o the FCG due to arrive on Wednesday, I placed the order Saturday night.

I don't seem to have a problem with shipping. I'll let you know how it goes with inventory and functionality.

Huntinfool

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    I know we hear a lot of horror stories about PSA but I have great luck with them. Orders get here quickly & the only mistake I had, they promptly sent the missing piece

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    I personally have had good luck with two uppers and multiple complete lowers from them. I just ordered 10 of their aluminum AR mags at $6.99 a piece. They have always had all of my stuff to me within a week of orderin and the orders have always been correct. Maybe I'm just lucky.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I have used them in the past but since switched to MAS Defense because of their excellent customer service. They and Del-Ton are my go to source for AR parts. Too bad because I would like one of PSA's Glock mag AR lowers.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    No problem here. Took advantage of the AR 15 days of christmas sales to order parts. Everything came as requested and I assembled the rifle last saturday, all parts present.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I like PSA, I have had some issues but it all gets taken care of eventually.
    I just go in knowing that you can get good stuff for a good price and for that reason shipping and service may not be on par... If you go with someone like BCM you will get better stuff, and great service... However, you will pay for it. Basically pick the two things that are of importance of you (price, service, quality) and you can get two of the three. Not saying that there are not exceptions but that is the general rule.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I'm a firm believer in "You get what you pay for".
    IF I want average parts, cheap price, and poor service I'll shop PSA again. But only IF I don't mind waiting for weeks on shipping.

Top Bottom