• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I purchased a gun part online. Long story short I had several issues and the company would not take care of it. The product is not as advertised. So I filed a chargeback with my credit card back on December 1st. Fast forward to now they are now threatening a police report for stolen merchandise.

When I filed the chargeback I asked my issuer what to do with it because truthfully I don't want it. It's not what I paid for and they said do whatever I want with it. So it's sitting in the same condition it has been since I last dealt with the company

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Retain proof of all communication, email it all to the company, or mail it as a certified letter and retain your copies, ask them where to ship back, and sit on it if you don't hear back or get a response indicating they do not want you to ship it back. IANAL

mistersmith

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    NWI
    I would send it back from where it came, with all the appropriate documents. I would send it so they would have to sign for it and you get a notification that they received it. You don't want it, and you technically got your money back, now finish the transaction and send it back. Just my opinion.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Pretty much what they said...if you do send it back to them...MAKE SURE ITS TRACKED AND THEY HAVE TO SIGN FOR IT SO YOU HAVE PROOF....otherwise they could say...duhhh we never got it.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    They are refusing to take it back. They made that clear again in the email I received. I have zero issues shipping it back. This isn't a little gun part it costs $450 and I've sent it back for repair once, so when I had issues the 2nd time I was done. I communicated with them for a week and no resolve.

Nate@TeamAB

Plinker
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Lafayette
    Police report for stolen merchandise they refused to take back? Sounds like they're off of their meds. If your description of the situation is accurate no police officer is taking that report. It's called a civil issue.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Police report for stolen merchandise they refused to take back? Sounds like they're off of their meds. If your description of the situation is accurate no police officer is taking that report. It's called a civil issue.

Exactly right. I tried to remedy this issue for over a week with them before filing a chargeback almost 3 months ago.

A larger company has said do not use there product in adjacent with this product as it causes great safety risks.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    There email pretty much said I have 24 hours to reply to there email with payment or they will file a police report for stolen merchandise.

What I may do is send it back anyway. I don't want it. It's not as advertised.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    When I filed the chargeback I asked my CC company what to do with it. They said whatever.

One thing is for sure I will never sell it, it'll either be returned or destroyed I will not pass my issues off on someone else.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    What's the part and company that is a safety risk?

I'll leave the company I'm having issues with silent for now. The company that has warned against using there product with the other is Geiselle. The only way to make it work is by modifying safeties on the gun. The product is advertised as drop in.

FWJK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    Sure seems like this would end up being a civil issue - not a criminal one. Sounds like they just have butt-hurt over the charge back and are lashing out. You should out the company to make sure no one else has this kind of issue with them.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Sure seems like this would end up being a civil issue - not a criminal one. Sounds like they just have butt-hurt over the charge back and are lashing out. You should out the company to make sure no one else has this kind of issue with them.

Oh don't worry, I will in due time. 95% of gun owners will have zero contact with this company because they only focus on one platform that most people don't own due to price. I get it. I question sometimes why I spent this much on one gun

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    What will it cost to ship it back? If they want it they can pay for shipping it back.

That being said, I would ship it back, but make sure they know it's coming and that have to sign for it.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    So some sort of aftermarket trigger housing or something along those lines for a SCAR?

Also, this may depend on if you signed (even digitally) some sort of agreement when purchasing the product from this company.

Barring some sort of contract being signed, they're just trying to intimidate you. If they did not deliver what was paid for (a drop in part that ended up not being drop in), you are within your rights to get your money back. I've been through this kind of crap a few times personally. My credit card company even had me go to a "professional second party" to get an affidavit signed stating that the company in question was in the wrong.

Police threats from the company stating you are "stealing" from them is a joke. As was stated up thread, keep EVERYTHING. Record EVERYTHING. Do not lose the communication chain that shows you trying to return the part to them. You aren't "stealing" if you're trying to give their crap back. If they don't want it back, that's their deal. And DON'T send it back without them paying for the return label. Insist on that. Do not send it back without their consent.

Companies that treat their customers like they're treating you need to go under. Don't let them screw you over.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    So some sort of aftermarket trigger housing or something along those lines for a SCAR?

Also, this may depend on if you signed (even digitally) some sort of agreement when purchasing the product from this company.

Barring some sort of contract being signed, they're just trying to intimidate you. If they did not deliver what was paid for (a drop in part that ended up not being drop in), you are within your rights to get your money back. I've been through this kind of crap a few times personally. My credit card company even had me go to a "professional second party" to get an affidavit signed stating that the company in question was in the wrong.

Police threats from the company stating you are "stealing" from them is a joke. As was stated up thread, keep EVERYTHING. Record EVERYTHING. Do not lose the communication chain that shows you trying to return the part to them. You aren't "stealing" if you're trying to give their crap back. If they don't want it back, that's their deal. And DON'T send it back without them paying for the return label. Insist on that. Do not send it back without their consent.

Companies that treat their customers like they're treating you need to go under. Don't let them screw you over.

I will eat the shipping cost and send it back whether they want me to or not. When I sent it back the first time for fitment issues I had to cover shipping to them. Which is fine a lot of companies don't cover shipping both ways. Vortex doesn't, Tangodown doesnt. But those two companies have excellent customer service.

I have my desired outcome via my CC company. I'll give them there stuff back

Top Bottom