• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    12715247_10205860117810256_4551105689946547200_n.jpg

saw this on facebook, looks pretty neat . guys name is joe pickett. doesnt have a store from what i can find, but i guess is selling them through facebook. Anyone see anything like this before?

flintlock9

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2013
    Indy
    I saw that the other day, so what keeps it from spinning around on that rod while you are driving? It would drive me crazy for it to tap my leg every time i go around a round-about

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    pretty slick looking, but not my cup of tea either. I'd have to keep it strapped tight to something. I had debated a custom kydex holster for the inside of my door pocket but kinda decided against that too. I think i'll just keep it in my waist in the car. (I can still draw reasonably)

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I think with just screws into plastic there could be a lot of torque doing bad things to your interior depending on the weapon you had hanging there...as well as the short comings others have mentioned with it swinging around and having an intentionally blocked barrel.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    When i saw it, my first thought was that cant be good for the barrel. But after thinking about it im not sure how much damage could be done to it if it fits snug. also on the facebook there is a video showing it fall from 90 degrees to bottom and it was pretty slow making me think it wouldnt move much unless perhaps you were on a race track. although maybe as it wears it would begin to move more. I think my biggest concern would be having a clearly visible firearm if you were to get pulled over. Would only be concerned with open trigger if i were carrying something without a thumb safety.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    plastic coated, no worries for the barrel. But the trigger! The exposed trigger makes me want to :faint: . Bad idea.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wouldn't be too hard for version 2.0 (or 1 beta, if that's alpha), to have a kydex sheath extending up 4 inches or so on either side. It could almost be universal based on barrel length.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I have this awesome car mount called "leaving my damn gun holstered on my belt where it belongs (patent pending)".

As a bonus feature, it automatically comes with me when I exit the vehicle.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I have this awesome car mount called "leaving my damn gun holstered on my belt where it belongs (patent pending)".

Do you have a Kickstarter? I would like to contribute.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Your ideas intrigue me and I will review your newsletter on-line, but isn't one missing out on an important opportunity to coonfinger the gun and endanger oneself and the general public with one's gunhandling.

I'll hang up and listen to your answer.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Do you have a Kickstarter? I would like to contribute.

Excellent! I'm glad to have your support. My R&D team is interested in testing the setup for motorcycles as well. If you could provide a large cruiser-style bike for testing purposes, it would really help the cause. Harley's preferred, but "Harley style" Kawi's or Hondas are also acceptable.

Top Bottom