• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mister616

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Shelbyville
    Hi, first time poster I will try to keep it simple and sweet, not sure what info is needed to answer, can provide any missing needed information. Thank you in advance.

I was digitally finger printed and filed/payed local fees on 12/14/15 today 2/21/16 I emailed to inquire the lack of permit being mailed and on the website said it was still under review by ISP. Was just told I was denied because I forgot to disclose that I had a misdemeanor MDoP (malicious destruction of property) in 2004 I drove was cruising around with some guys that had hit mail boxes with bats and got charged with a fine. It got paid off and I learned from it but completely excaped my mind until today. I am 29 and graduated in 05' (my charge is out of Michigan where I grew up until two years ago. Other then that I have a pristine record and a function member of society.

Anyone have any insight to how to go about getting my permit? What are the steps I can take to rectify my error, or am I will I not be able to exercise a legal privilege?

FWJK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    Talk with an attorney.

I was going to post the same thing. Need to check with an Attorney that has dealt with something like this before. They should be able to guide you. Or, maybe possible to contact the ISP and see what options you may have to rectify/reapply?

Mister616

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Shelbyville
    Thank you for the replies so far, from the "tone" of the email it was almost like it was the problem that I did not disclose the one thing from 12 years ago. I am going to await an appeals process in a few weeks before hiring someone. Was your friends son in law in the same situation?

silverspoon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Bloomfield
    This happened to someone I know. They went to the Sheriffs office where they filed the paperwork and talked to them about it. Basically they had to wait until the money they had sent to the state police was refunded. Then they went back and refiled everything again with the pertinent information included this time. They was approved in just a few days.

Top Bottom