• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbane3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Richmond
    I saw that too! My SO and I are planning on attending our first Appleseed in June. This seals the deal. Thanks for sharing :-)

rbane3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Richmond
    Just purchased mine. To make a great deal even better, if it's your first Groupon purchase use the code "WELCOME" for $10 off. $30 for an Appleseed event!

rbane3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Richmond
    I thought all the Indiana instructors were gone. Did they develop a new cadre?

I'm not sure. There were a handful of Indiana events for this year. I knew nothing about the previous issues when I looked into an Appleseed event and convinced my so to go.

I happened across the threads later when looking into LTRs on INGO. I feel a little guilty, but our money is paid and it should be a good course of instruction nonetheless.

I'll definitely be looking into Revere's Riders if we make time to do another event.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I'm not sure. There were a handful of Indiana events for this year. I knew nothing about the previous issues when I looked into an Appleseed event and convinced my so to go.

I happened across the threads later when looking into LTRs on INGO. I feel a little guilty, but our money is paid and it should be a good course of instruction nonetheless.

I'll definitely be looking into Revere's Riders if we make time to do another event.

Guilty? I don't know of any of the folks that got purged who would tell you to not go to an Appleseed. It's still a great program and you should learn a ton and have a great time.

You should be proud of taking your SO to an appleseed shoot!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in

I got purged, and I say absolutely go. It would have been nicer for you if my range (near old trails) was still an AS range, but you will still have a good trip.

On a side note, I have it on good authority that RR has a range in Richmond that might be up and running as soon as this year. Its a similar program, and where all the "old hats" went.

rbane3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Richmond
    I got purged, and I say absolutely go. It would have been nicer for you if my range (near old trails) was still an AS range, but you will still have a good trip.

On a side note, I have it on good authority that RR has a range in Richmond that might be up and running as soon as this year. Its a similar program, and where all the "old hats" went.

That would be fantastic. I'll keep an eye out for that. I learned to shoot the first time at Old Trails as a Boy Scout :)

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    The majority of Appleseed events in the Hoosier are going to be up north and run by Michigan crew (who haven't been purged yet) or down south and run by folks from as far away as Georgia and Alabama (who are slated to be purged next). Appleseed is practically giving the program away because they're running out of volunteers willing to work for a dying program. It's extremely frustrating to be a volunteer in a program that refuses to meet its stated goals and is actively discouraged from being successful on the national level.

That said, it's an extremely wonderful program and the local volunteers are outstanding. As my fellow purged former Appleseed volunteers note, there's nobody formerly involved with that program that will say anything bad at all about going to events and participating in the program. By all means, take advantage of that $40 deal. You won't find better training for the money nor will you have a better weekend....unless you go to a Revere's Riders event.

Here's a 25% discount code for the upcoming Revere's Riders Bedford, IN event on Apr. 16th and 17th - LexingtonGreen

Register at - https://www.picatic.com/RRBedfordContingentPatriotsDay

I encourage everyone to go to both!

Top Bottom