• ...and so much more!
  • SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    AMEN, to Pudly, and Mgderf .....

Scarce, under h, or b ALL AMMO, and FIREARMS, will be scarce, under h or b .....

Buy reloading equipment, NOW, ans stockpile, powder, bullets, and primers ..... You will have time to learn how to use it later .....

O P, the answer is different, for everybody, but the same for everybody .....

What ammo do YOU shoot the MOST ?????

.45 ? .223 ? .22 ?

Look at YOUR usage, and follow the above advice .....

Buy, what you use, when you need it, and can afford it .....

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    5.56 with it you can get the other .... Know what I mean?
    The .45 for your side arm and 22lr for survival , but you need that 5.56 to get what you need when the SHTF!

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    The .45 for your side arm and 22lr for survival , but you need that 5.56 to get what you need when the SHTF!

^^^^ THIS ^^^^ My thinking goes to what ammo am I going to potentially blow through the fastest and at the same time gives me reach out and touch capability.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington

I hope you're not saying that one should plan to take from others by force. A better use would be to keep others from taking from you. Becoming a raider will likely make you a lot of enemies, real quick. I agree that the 5.56 is a better defensive round than .45ACP, but don't be telling people to become armed bandits, that opens a big messy can of worms. That's who the rest of us plan to defend ourselves from.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If you are really concerned about SHTF then your battle rifle caliber. If that is 5.56 for you then make sure you have plenty.
    But I would note that I can reload most but not .22 LR.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    And did not go thru 5000 rounds...

The 5000 rounds isn't for fighting during SHTF. It is for when ammo once again becomes restricted and zooms up in price. It has happened three times during the time that I've owned guns. Fortunately, I learned after the first and hardly buy any when things get tight.

For those who have only recently learned this lesson, now is a good time to stock up as ammo has come down (except for .22s) to pre-crisis prices and availability. If Hillary wins the presidency, you will see another huge rush to stock up.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Shameless hoarders and flippers.
    I agree, 1000-5000 rounds of ammo for your most common calibers is wise. Good insurance for shortages and SHTF. Like Pudly said if there is a shortage you are well stocked and won't be out there trying to buy ammo and making it worse.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Becoming a raider will likely make you a lot of enemies, real quick.

g1351295993201512063.jpg

irmlqqdxinvl5iubdul6.jpg

Opie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    I wonder how much money "The Walking Dead" has funneled into the firearms market over the last 5 years....

I like to keep 1000-2000rds of each caliber on hand for convenience sake. I would get a few hundred rounds of each and build up your stock in the order you shoot the most.

If the SHTF most of us won't live through the first few magazines. There are a few places in Indiana where you might be able to live off the grid and shoot your supper, but that's not realistic for the majority.

Edited to add: If you can find a 5000rd case of .22lr in a load that you like, and it's priced fairly I would jump on it. While .22 is becoming more avail, I have still not seen any case lots sitting around waiting to be purchased.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom