• ...and so much more!
  • Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I don't mean to be rude but a few of those descriptions are damned dangerous! They seem to have a Mosin Nagant caliber described as 7.62 then, in parenthesis, (.308). If some ignorant purchaser just sees the .308 and tries to fire that it could cause him/her a heap of trouble.

More than likely it simply won't fire, but IF it does... some very bad juju.

I also agree with the Mauser nonsense! Who are these people that are auctioning off stuff that they have no comprehension of what they have and obviously haven't gone to the trouble of properly identifying. This doesn't do them any good or their clients.

On a side note it appears that the stocks of many of the surplus arms have been bubba'd which is a shame. They would be worth more had they been kept in original condition. A shame.

Regards,

Doug

PS - For all of my griping my condolences for the loss of your friend and I hope his family is well compensated by the auction.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Unfortunately, bad gun identifications/descriptions aren't terribly uncommon at auctions, though this one seems to be worse than most.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I would like to go to the auction, but I'm going to go to the range to shoot my AR-15 Mauser, my two Dutch carbine Mausers and my Turkish CZ 75 clone Mauser. ;)

Top Bottom